PDA

View Full Version : No Respect For Older Cars

import racer
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
So I'm over to my mothers painting her basement.When I go to leave I see my driver's mirror is smashed,stupid drivers.Or maybe little bastard teens who knows.

A18A
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
yeah not many people care about other peoples cars. one of the main reasons my good accord just sits in the driveway and my ugly beat up one gets used every day. it sucks, but unless you can guard it 24/7 there isn't much that can be done :(

2oodoor
10-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Rat basturds , karma's coming there way :sadwave:

import racer
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah I reported it to the cops and they didn't do anything.The women at the desk said no one was in,I told her a cop car drove in just after I pulled in and she said he left already.What bullshit!

Vanilla Sky
10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Man, it's not just old cars. Someone backed into our Saturn less than 6 months after we bought it. The only thing I know is that it had to be a lifted truck with tube bumpers.

AccordB20A
10-25-2012, 05:37 PM
i dont leave/park my car places so i dont get that problem but people are so clumbsey like that!

Dr_Snooz
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear your car is sad. Can you fix it with just a new mirror or is there more damage than that?

mykwikcoupe
10-25-2012, 10:23 PM
It really doesnt bother me that the car itself was damaged. What really bothers me is that people are so irresponsible and complacent to responsibilty. I would try to admit fault say sorry and offer to fix it. In the past on small cost items the owner was more happy that I admitted my mistake and let me walk without consiquence. Is it so hard to leave a note. I cant tell you how many peopke ive seen run into other cars then go park someplace else. Ive been in my car and have this happen. I get out and ask the old whore if she knew what she did. She didnt care. I bet the 4 missing valve stems made her care.

We need to force responsibilty back onto people. Your not a man unless you can take your punishment. If you try to aviod it or run away or blame someone else your just a punk.

87accordlxi
10-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Was it parked in the street? There are cars all along our street that are missing their driver's side mirrors. When two cars squeeze past each other, sometimes the third car parked on the street gets a mirror clipped off.

The people who have learned their lessons now fold their mirrors in when parked on the street.

import racer
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Well I fixed it today,lucky I had a pair of spare mirrors.also fixed my inside handle he spring was broke.And in the process of that the trim piece broke and had to replace that with a tan one I had.I'll have to paint it blue when I get chance.Gonna put on my new tie rods tomorrow and see if that help my steering wheel jiggle.

MessyHonda
10-27-2012, 07:52 AM
the best thing to do is to buy a 2 way alarm.

charliekuney
10-27-2012, 12:40 PM
the best thing to do is to buy a 2 way alarm.

import racer
10-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Well I changed the tie rod ends today,when I took them out of the boxes they were different.They are both TRW,but one had the boot with the clip to hold it on but the other the boot just slid on and it had a grease fitting.They both had the same number so why diff who knows.I also noticed my wheel had the paint scraped off in one spot and the bumper was scuffed so it must have been a car that hit my mirror and my car.Stupid assholes.