PDA

View Full Version : FEELER: Mosselman Turbo Manifold Group Buy

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Would any of you be interested in a turbo manifold from a major manufacturer? I am currently in contact with Mosselman out of Europe. They make a turbo manifold for our engines. It's a cast iron log with a T3 flange. It appears to clear the power steering pump and AC compressor, but some fluid lines may need relocation, possibly the clutch cable as well. That's still not too much work, considering this is a ready to install part. You will, however, need to have a down pipe fabricated. Any exhaust shop should be able to build a down pipe. I expect that most of you guys would want to build most of the system yourselves. I am checking to see what else Mosselman has has available, as I do expect some of you to want as many parts as are available.

This is what the manifold looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/turbo%20manifold/Hondaaccord-prelude.jpg

Here is a .pdf of the seemingly old brochure page. (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoiLFN5KKJvU3g0M2lVWm80S0U)

Pricing will be under $300 to your door. The more that are ordered, the less each one will cost. If we order 20, I expect them to be under $225 to your door. I'll get a more accurate price once we nail down how many we're ordering.

DISCLAIMER: If this group buy does catch on, it will be handled as a private sale, even though I'm a moderator.

This is a preliminary list of the members in this group buy. Members with the "*" symbol have confirmed that they are ready to proceed with the order on March 18th.

1. Vanilla Sky*
2. obd0driver
3. 2oodoor*
4. rushell
5. gfrg88
6. hatch88lxi
7. vtechkiller
8. knifemind*
9. hondalude86*
10. rustlude87
11. Tdurr*

Add your name to the list and post it into your post if you want to add your name. If you're on the list, please confirm either via a post in this thread or a PM to me here on the board.

*confirmed

elpuma
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I'll post this on the facebook group to try to get more interest for the group buy.

2oodoor
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I'll post this on the facebook group to try to get more interest for the group buy.

what, is there some sort of 3geez.com boycott going on over at said facebook group?

obd0driver
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
what, is there some sort of 3geez.com boycott going on over at said facebook group?

Yes and no. Some don't like the new layout. But there also seems to be more active members over there. It's almost to different 3geez groups

But I'm down for a group buy I'm far from being ready to boost my ride but if the price is right I would go ahead and buy one

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes, unfortunately, we have some that are always resistant to change. I think the board will be much better off now that we're on the new software and a few tweaks are made. Until things get settled down, I don't expect the Facebook group to come back. That's why I am on both.

Like I said about pricing, if we can order a bunch of them, we can get them way down in price. I'm not sure of how many they have in stock currently, but we might be able to score an even better deal if we clean them out. I don't think they want to sit on 20 year old parts anymore.

89T
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
what's FB?

2oodoor
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
what's FB?

For real right...

Ive looked at this FB thing and didn't see anything, even after thumbing down a couple of yards. Should be called Thumbbook ;o)which one is it I saw 4 and the one linked here is pretty much dormant looking.

Anyhew... I want at least one of these mosselmans.
And yes, I have 2 A20 engines.

89T
11-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Removed.
I am for real! I hate that place. Everyone knows you're business..

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Please don't advertise your goods for sale in this thread.

stat1K
11-09-2012, 09:08 PM
the new layout blows dick. 300 for a log manifold feels like a ton.

Vanilla Sky
11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
For a Chinese knockoff, yes. For a quality part, no. Also, remember that they'll be on the lower end of my scale rather than the upper end. The high price I posted was for a single manifold. There's a discount at 5 manifolds, 10 manifolds, and 20 manifolds. I'm sure if we ordered more, we would get a better deal, at least on shipping for the order.

rushell
11-12-2012, 10:15 AM
i want to order a mosselman turbo manifold but i cant do nonthing until tax time i will up load photos of my 1989 honda accord lxi when i get a chance i have owned this car since 2001

gfrg88
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Why does it look like all your post have a cocky feel to them since you became a mod?? smh..

gfrg88
11-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Internal gate only? I'd be intersted in one.. maybe two :)

Edit: do they still have the whole "kit"?

Vanilla Sky
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
They only have the manifolds left. They can also supply us with T3 turbos, but I imagine that most of us would rather supply their own turbo.

I imagine that most people will be looking to buy during tax season. That's the time I'm aiming for. Nothing is set now because I'm still trying to gauge interest. I can see that there is enough interest to set up a GB, but I don't know how big it needs to be yet.

mushroom_toy
11-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Hmm maybe depending on the price. :)

bscanlan
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Also potentially interested. I am looking at the armor-coated pacesetter anyways, and it is similar price. I am however wondering what else (other than turbo) I would need and if I want to go that route for cost and complication reasons. Now is the time to do it though since I have the engine out and mostly disassembled. http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae199/bscanlan/engineout.jpg Yes those are tie wraps, but they worked damnit!

hatch88lxi
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Count Joe in!

I'm definitely in for under 200.
also I Would like to see what it would look like installed in the car to see how much we need to modify.
Love my A/C ans PS. :D and downpipe possibilities?

anyone have a step by step safc guide? As a suppose we will need to to go turbo right?

P.S. what is the inside of the Mani look like? is it relatively smooth?

Vanilla Sky
11-15-2012, 07:08 PM
$200 will be pushing it. I could do it if I didn't have to ship it from me to you, but I'm getting the big discount because they are all being shipped to one address.

So, we have 7 that want them, depending on the price? With the little amount of time this has been up, this sounds like we have enough momentum to take it out to 20 manifolds, possibly beyond.

In general, everyone has moved away from the SAFC, considering how easy and inexpensive an OBD1 swap can be these days.

As soon as I get numbers in, I can start nailing down the price closer. I feel that $225 to your door if we hit 20 will be dead on. That's still a discount of $60. They have aggressive pricing on the manifolds as it is, so there's not a whole lot of room to work with.

stat1K
11-15-2012, 07:12 PM
lol @ 20, so because 7 have initially said they might pay 20 is now a possibility?

2geeSEi
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM

It was more like one person.

hatch88lxi
11-15-2012, 07:53 PM
$200 will be pushing it. I could do it if I didn't have to ship it from me to you, but I'm getting the big discount because they are all being shipped to one address.

So, we have 7 that want them, depending on the price? With the little amount of time this has been up, this sounds like we have enough momentum to take it out to 20 manifolds, possibly beyond.

In general, everyone has moved away from the SAFC, considering how easy and inexpensive an OBD1 swap can be these days.

As soon as I get numbers in, I can start nailing down the price closer. I feel that $225 to your door if we hit 20 will be dead on. That's still a discount of $60. They have aggressive pricing on the manifolds as it is, so there's not a whole lot of room to work with.

How inexpensive? generally that is.

Vanilla Sky
11-15-2012, 10:35 PM
They go for $285 shipped directly from Mosselman.

Stat1k, it's called a projection. I really do feel that we'll easily hit 10 by tax time, possibly being able to eek out that extra 10, possibly by buying a few of my own. I am prepared to buy additional manifolds to help the group buy if need be. Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

obdriver6
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Why is it that when I get pumped on doing a B swap on my car, something else pulls me back to the A series!

Vanilla Sky
11-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Well, do you like rare parts, or do you like Civic level parts?

obdriver6
11-16-2012, 02:38 AM
I love rare parts but even civic level parts on an accord is still pretty rare :D but I may have to re-think my strategy on the turbo vs. B swap since I do have most of the major parts needed to turbo an A series (B16 mani, f22 dizzy, obd1 ecu, intercooler, pipes) but I would really like to do a B swap, which would be a B20 btw, since it would be a little more reliable than my worn out engine and then later I could add either a turbo (already have a b series turbo manifold) or a vtec head. Like I said, I have think.

2oodoor
11-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Why is it that when I get pumped on doing a B swap on my car, something else pulls me back to the A series!

The answer is......

Get a 2nd 3rd Gen Accord!

2ndGenGuy
11-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Don't forget! These will also fit the 2nd gen Accord! In case someone wants to do like a blow-thru turbocharged 2g. :)

gfrg88
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
don't forget about the 2nd gen ludes too ;)

2geeSEi
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't forget! These will also fit the 2nd gen Accord! In case someone wants to do like a blow-thru turbocharged 2g. :)

Blow-thru?

Deathconfess
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Count me in. Definatly want one of these.

hatch88lxi
11-16-2012, 05:11 PM
is the whole kit available?

Vanilla Sky
11-16-2012, 05:33 PM
No, only the turbo manifolds are available. You will still have to fabricate several things, but they are the easier things to make. The manifold is the expensive PITA part.

2ndGenGuy
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Blow-thru?

Right, I often forget about the SEi. Blow-thru is for blowing boost through the carburetor. If you wanted to turbocharge your car, you can use this manifold, and do the same mods as everybody else. Convert to a chipped OBD1 ECU, or use one of those piggyback computer controller things.

2geeSEi
11-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm not going to do it, we have Smog test to worry about here. I just had never heard the term before.

Vanilla Sky
11-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I love rare parts but even civic level parts on an accord is still pretty rare :D

Very true. I think a B20 would make a 3gee pretty quick.

obd0driver
11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm not going to do it, we have Smog test to worry about here. I just had never heard the term before.

Just find someone to be "blind" that's how real cail car people do it.

2oodoor
11-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Right, I often forget about the SEi. Blow-thru is for blowing boost through the carburetor. If you wanted to turbocharge your car, you can use this manifold, and do the same mods as everybody else. Convert to a chipped OBD1 ECU, or use one of those piggyback computer controller things.

I dont know if any of you other carb guys have seen the air cooled vw turbo kit that uses a Holley turbo prepped carb with adjustable metering block but looks interesting. Ill have to bring back a link when im on the laptop.

Posted via turbatalk with my apple samsung classaction suit device

gfrg88
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh how I miss dropping my car off with some cash on the dash.... good old days!

2ndGenGuy
11-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I dont know if any of you other carb guys have seen the air cooled vw turbo kit that uses a Holley turbo prepped carb with adjustable metering block but looks interesting. Ill have to bring back a link when im on the laptop.

Found it: http://lowbugget.com/2_barrel_and_4_barrel_carbs.html

That's actually pretty sweet! No jetting to mess with, just an idle, and main mixture screw. Would be cool for carb'd guys who would like to combine it with this turbo manifold!

2oodoor
11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Yup thats them! I never saw those until the overhaulin show where they did a full resto mod 65 type 1 beetle. It was amazing Episode. I looked briefly on craigslist for a low budget kit and found one then I got side tracked.
It would take a raised hood like more than im working on now. Btw the full riser hood that keeps the oem lines and shape that Ive talked about using 90's mustang sheet metal :.. Well it has been done already here, I stumbled across it in some 2002 or 3 thread. I will find it and put it in my thread as a model.

obdriver6
11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
The answer is......

Get a 2nd 3rd Gen Accord!
My dad wants another hatchback and i told him about the manifold and he seemed interested but we'll see

Very true. I think a B20 would make a 3gee pretty quick.
Thats what I'm thinking too and once I add some bolt-ons, I should be fine.................for a while! :D

Vanilla Sky
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
It should be more than enough power until you get all of the bugs worked out. Then it's time for boost :D

vteckiller
11-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Hell, ill buy a manifold too.. if it also helps maybe two?

Vanilla Sky
11-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Excellent.

How many of you would be more apt to purchase a manifold if there were an all-inclusive kit available? It will cost quite a bit, but it will be a 100% bolt-on affair. I'm considering it as a venture into possibly supplying parts to the community.

Matt's3rdGen
11-24-2012, 04:44 AM
I'm new to the A20a1 will this work on the carbureted models? Also will I need anything else like BOV or intercooler or anything like that? And is it safe to run on a stock Accord? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjudgey
11-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Hmm this could be tempting although I'd have to get one seperately as I'm only next door to them! Are they in Germany? (guessing by name!lol!) Could be fun messing with a small turbo on blow through on the webers!!

2oodoor
11-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Excellent.

How many of you would be more apt to purchase a manifold if there were an all-inclusive kit available? It will cost quite a bit, but it will be a 100% bolt-on affair. I'm considering it as a venture into possibly supplying parts to the community.
Yes

Vanilla Sky
11-24-2012, 09:04 PM
This is just the manifold. You'll need everything else. If I were to assemble a kit, I would be building it for the fuel injected cars only. I should be fine to run on an otherwise stock engine, provided you can control fuel and timing better than stock. I know I wouldn't attempt it with a carbed Accord unless I was using a Weber carb.

Rjudgey, Mosselman is now out of the Netherlands. They do seem to have distributors all over the place, including in the US, but my prices quoted were prices for purchasing one directly from them. I may be able to have one drop shipped to you, but you won't see the savings on the shipping we will.

rjudgey
11-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I've contacted the UK dealer which is not far from me so if they can get one in I can go pick it up will let you know howmuch they decide to charge me! if it's silly money they can keep it gathering dust as you know I tend to like doing things the hard way with N/A! lol! just thought is would be cool to maybe mess around a bit with a turbo but ultimately could end up being quite costly by time you factor in a small turbo, new downpipe, custom sealed intake box for webers, intercooler, charge piping, new regulator, re-jetting and dyno sessions etc. etc. Could easily escalate to around £1000 at least possibly more then I'd most likely have to dump A20 head on to reduce CR ratio but could be fun I'd be quite happy for around 300bhp with about 250lbft I think the car could handle that and have very little lag although a LSD would be a must then!!

rjudgey
11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
They have 20 in stock roughly I can get one for 181 Euro's delivered to me which works out about £150 give or take the exchange rate at the time.

hondalude86
11-28-2012, 04:33 AM
i'm in for one. Looks like a blow through carb setup will be my next big power project after turboing my white lude!

knifemind
11-28-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm also absolutely in for one.

obd0driver
11-28-2012, 12:56 PM
They have 20 in stock roughly I can get one for 181 Euro's delivered to me which works out about £150 give or take the exchange rate at the time.

that's about 235+shipping here in the states. not bad

Vanilla Sky
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I think I'm going to take this live. Who here wants to get this going now, and who wants to hold off the order date until tax season?

hondalude86
11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm cool to go live now, I'm in no rush though if people have to wait for a better deal, I'm OK with that. Come Friday next week I'll have cash in hand

hatch88lxi
11-28-2012, 06:22 PM
I'll have to wait.

obd0driver
11-28-2012, 10:09 PM
tax time would be the best for me

knifemind
11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm with mr. hondalude; I am good to go now, but am in no hurry.

Deathconfess
11-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Ill be good to go Monday. Perfect timing for me since I'm in the market for one for my rebuild project.

rustlude87
11-29-2012, 04:05 PM
OH hai, I disappeared till I found this thread! I'm in but after tax season is best for me

Tdurr
11-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Tax season! Ill get one and ill have two boosted accords muhahaha

Vanilla Sky
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
How does a March 18 sound for an order date? I know how long it can take for taxes to come back.

obd0driver
12-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds Gud

AccordEpicenter
12-01-2012, 08:55 PM
that's about 235+shipping here in the states. not bad

if thats the case it sounds like a very good option for the money, def worth consideration. A nice cast iron manifold like this has a much less probability that it will crack when compared with some crappy cheap chinese thinwall stainless turbo mani like all the civic kids use (even if you could get one for an A20) plus i doubt you could get someone to make you a custom log mani for less money than this either. So id def say it sounds like a good deal to get you boosted.

Vanilla Sky
12-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I have all of the parts needed to build a ram horn turbo manifold, but I'm going to be picking at least one of these up for myself. This is much better quality than anything else I could find or even build myself. Since I'm not building it as a dedicated race car anymore, I want the reliability of a cast iron manifold.

As soon as I have more opinions on the date and a confirmation on pricing for that date, I'll put up the new thread.

knifemind
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Seems like so long from now .... :(

But it's acceptable to me. By tax time I might seriously want 2. (I tend to hoard things)

Vanilla Sky
12-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Remember, the more we buy, the cheaper they are. I'd love to buy them out completely.

Vanilla Sky
12-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Do I need to set up any special accounts for this group buy, such as a PayPal or a dedicated bank account, or are you guys okay with me using my personal PayPal account?

2oodoor
12-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Date sounds ok from this point, spare account though sounds incorporated but since I do recieve Pp for other business I certainly understand the need for sorting but I hope you already realize the trust is there you have the capability to manage. This is a very good question though, as I am imagining scenerios, make sure you require buyers of any wares you have are to complete the detailed description tabs on their purchases from you as part of the sales agreement in Pp, pm and emails too.
In short, if "cAmAr0_69@" buys a 300 dollar carpet kit from you, pays you in Pp, they can't come back later and say you acceptd money for a manifold but you never completed sale ( or any version of that you can imagine) one other being broken payments, like 100 here, 65 there etc from one member who wants to use your paypal as a saving account for this purchase.

Deathconfess
12-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Tax season is too far away for me. Is there anyway I can pick up one of these now? The cost is not an issue for me. I just really need it now.

Vanilla Sky
12-02-2012, 04:01 PM
You can contact Mosselman directly. Their contact form is here. (http://mosselmanturbo.com/contact/) I have been in contact with Elisa. This group buy is only to get us better pricing on an existing product, not so we meet the quota to produce a product. At any time, you can contact Mosselman and work out a sale for a manifold yourself if you need it before we place the group buy order.

Tdurr
12-03-2012, 07:44 AM
ill get one on the group buy if you didnt know.

Vanilla Sky
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I want to make sure this list is correct. It's a preliminary list of course, but I just want to make sure we have 11 people already committed to this group buy.

1. Vanilla Sky*
2. obd0driver
3. 2oodoor
4. rushell
5. gfrg88
6. hatch88lxi
7. vtechkiller
8. knifemind*
9. hondalude86*
10. rustlude87
11. Tdurr*

Add your name to the list and post it into your post if you want to add your name. If you're on the list, please confirm either via a post in this thread or a PM to me here on the board.

*confirmed

hondalude86
12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm in

knifemind
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm in 100%. Already have funds reserved.

Vanilla Sky
12-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Excellent.

Tdurr
12-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Im 100% also. Why not have two turbo cars??

Vanilla Sky
12-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Because race car.

2oodoor
12-07-2012, 05:03 AM
In

bscanlan
12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I am afraid I am out all together. Your numbers look to be getting good, so hopefully I don't mess up pricing.

Deathconfess
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I contacted mosselman and they quoted me 210 euros shipped, to my doorstep here in texas. Which in my eyes isn't bad at all. They also charge a 3% handling fee if you pay using paypal, no charge if paid via wire transfer.

bscanlan
12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I am going to be out for this one. I hope this does not mess up the numbers needed for the price, it looked as though you were getting a good volume.

Vanilla Sky
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
At 10 manifolds, we are looking at around 170 Euros shipped each, plus shipping from me. It should save you $50 or so by the time all is said and done.

obd0driver
12-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm in especially for $221 shipped :)

Vanilla Sky
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
There will still be a fee to ship it from me to you. That's the biggest reason I'm pushing for another 9 members to join the buy. 20 manifolds puts us just under 150 Euros plus US shipping per manifold.

obdriver6
12-25-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I might pick one up.

rjudgey
12-28-2012, 04:09 PM
If you include me can they post to UK instead and charge me the shipping separately to you guys?

Vanilla Sky
12-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Email dispatched. I don't expect to find out for a day or two.

gp02a0083
12-31-2012, 04:34 PM
ill seee what happens after tax returns, id like to get one for my DD and lightly boost it to around 8 lbs ( whole car has less than 85K still). My one thought with looking at the engine bay and the manifold is the re routing of the coolant lines , but it looks like you would have to remove the fan or use a civic rad? im still 50/50 on this , if they extended the turbo flange and gave it more of a downward angle i would think it would fit better?

Edit: nvm , looked at the brochure, i would be highly intrested and they would have my money ASAP if they produced a "kit" to go obd-0 turbo like the car in the picture ad. Only thing i question is why the hell didnt they remove the stock air intake pipe, didnt look connected

obd0driver
12-31-2012, 06:21 PM
it may have been a return air setup with no inter cooler. company's did that a lot back then. :/ idk... but i was ask myself the same thing.
ill seee what happens after tax returns, id like to get one for my DD and lightly boost it to around 8 lbs ( whole car has less than 85K still). My one thought with looking at the engine bay and the manifold is the re routing of the coolant lines , but it looks like you would have to remove the fan or use a civic rad? im still 50/50 on this , if they extended the turbo flange and gave it more of a downward angle i would think it would fit better?

Edit: nvm , looked at the brochure, i would be highly intrested and they would have my money ASAP if they produced a "kit" to go obd-0 turbo like the car in the picture ad. Only thing i question is why the hell didnt they remove the stock air intake pipe, didnt look connected

Vanilla Sky
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
The kit they sold looks to be a very compromised system. It needs a full overhaul to be a decent performance system. In looking at parts, it's going to cost close over $2000 to put a kit together that I trust to run correctly. It won't be emissions compliant, and it won't be running a Honda ECU because it's not as capable as MS3 is.

89T
02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
The kit they sold looks to be a very compromised system. It needs a full overhaul to be a decent performance system. In looking at parts, it's going to cost close over $2000 to put a kit together that I trust to run correctly. It won't be emissions compliant, and it won't be running a Honda ECU because it's not as capable as MS3 is.

What does the ms3 do that the Honda ecu can't? Please elaborate.what other parts are you thinking at the 2k price?

gfrg88
02-11-2013, 05:47 PM
My thoughts exactly? I don't see what a simple chipped ecu, and a good program can't do that MS does? It's probably best for others that dont get the support hondas do... Just saying. Maybe I'm being a little naive in the tuning world, and not looking outside Honda :dunno:

Vanilla Sky
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Water injection, autotuning, and I'm familiar with it.

Oh, and of course, crank triggered individual coils. Lots of stuff like that is native to MS.

89T
02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Water injection, autotuning, and I'm familiar with it.

Oh, and of course, crank triggered individual coils. Lots of stuff like that is native to MS.

What's the price? I hope you are not taking about the $1100 unit.
The thing to remember is most people on this board won't ever use all the bells and whistles. Does the kit come with all the sensors needed for the kit?

obd0driver
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Most chipping programs you can add those thing to the ecucrome, (http://www.tunewithcrome.com/) neptune, (http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/category/neptune-rtp)Hondata (http://hondata.com/)

Tdurr
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
sooo who do I pay? I have my monies atm.

cygnus x-1
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
My thoughts exactly? I don't see what a simple chipped ecu, and a good program can't do that MS does? It's probably best for others that dont get the support hondas do... Just saying. Maybe I'm being a little naive in the tuning world, and not looking outside Honda :dunno:

The major advantage of MS is that it can run non-Honda engines, anywhere from tiny single cylinders up to V12s. As far as running Honda engines, The Honda ECUs are tailored for them so they have an advantage there as far as being a little easier to setup with all the sensors. Having to deal with EEPROMs and/or emulators is so 1992, and the Honda tuning software costs more money so those are some downsides. As far as overall cost (hardware + software), you can really only compare them on a case by case basis because there are just too many variables.

C|

89T
02-15-2013, 06:22 PM
sooo who do I pay? I have my monies atm.

You can give it all to me. I won't complain. Lol!

Tdurr
02-16-2013, 04:18 PM
You can give it all to me. I won't complain. Lol!

oh haha. -_- you would lol. im excited to build two turbo cars now.... I gotta find a stock 4door for a daily now haha.

Vanilla Sky
02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Updated info is in the official thread in the marketplace. If you're not confirmed, you're not being counted, so you need to contact me. Right now, only the people with the asterisk (*) symbol by their name in the list have been confirmed. No confirmation = no order, so be sure to update with me.

obd0driver
02-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm still in I just got my tax money and promo with a rise at my job. Winning

Vanilla Sky
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Winning will be 2 more manifolds sold.

Tdurr
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Winning will be 2 more manifolds sold.

troof

89T
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
When is the dead line

Vanilla Sky
02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
March 1st.

obd0driver
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Winning will be 2 more manifolds sold. isn't some buying two of them so wouldn't be 1 more needs to be sold

Vanilla Sky
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
No one has confirmed with me that they wanted two manifolds.

obd0driver
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM
what happens if we don't get two more. other then it costing us more

Tdurr
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
it wont be a group buy I think... there is a min number you need to do a group buy and 10 is the number I believe.

Vanilla Sky
02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
If we don't hit 10, it will be cheaper for you to buy it from Mosselman yourself, because I have to ship it again once it hits my house. We have to sell over 10 to make it worthwhile.

I need 1 more.

obd0driver
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Post one time on fb.

2oodoor
02-26-2013, 03:50 AM
I said in the beginning I would likely be getting two, mainly because we were shooting for twenty and to promote the gb. Now that members are barely coming to buy 10, is that a sign stocking up on these may not be a safe investment?
Remember the raffle Phil did on the gears? That was successful.
I wouldn't expect a ridiculous profit if I did buy extra, it is just to secure the part so somebody can easily get one when they are ready.
Pm me with what two would be sans shipping, I can get them from you at a meet up if that helps.

obd0driver
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't say it's a bad investment it's more of sign that there isn't many a20s being built. I think once we get them and start showing are builds people will want them. Seeing is believing. I've have been thinking about getting a second one and trying get rid of it at the south/north cail meet but it would slow my build down. :/

Vanilla Sky
02-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah, the problem is that there aren't a ton of people ready RIGHT NOW to move on a manifold. People want them, but they just aren't in the place in their builds that they need the manifolds, so they wait. Same happens with any parts around here.

Guy, prices direct from Mosselman are posted in the other thread in the marketplace. Basically, add Paypal fee and $10 per manifold at the 10 manifold price to figure out how much it will come out to be. The shipping listed in the Mosselman quote is shipping to me.

If I had the money, I would have bought all 24 manifolds and sold them on the board for $250 each shipped. I'd have to sit on a pallet of manifolds, but they'd be available on our soil, ready for shipment at any time, and we wouldn't have to wait around on a GB. Everyone would be getting a deal, and I wouldn't be sending endless emails to someone at a company on a different continent, lol.

Vanilla Sky
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
We're not too far off of the final payment date for this GB. If you haven't made payment, let me know that you will be by the 22nd of this month. For the most updated information, see my thread in the Marketplace here: http://www.3geez.com/forum/classic-accords-preludes/80769-mosselman-turbo-manifold-group-buy.html

rjudgey
04-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Should I just get mine directly from them then? take it your just getting 10 now so should leave a few spare in stock for anyone else. I can't imagine there will be 24 people all wanting to do A18/A20/ET/BS turbo engine builds anytime soon, would be quite cool seeing a 2nd Gen accord boosted I'm just getting one for incase I ever decide to play with a turbo and blow through carb setup. Could be quite fun I think certainly would make for a pretty lethal quick lude!!

I now need to rebuild my engine piston 4 is toast due to stupid garage tester leaving engine running with no fan on so deciding whether to try and fit a working B20A and bolt on the carbs to it or to try and rebuild existing engine while still botled to the car probably need to pull it out to be honest which is damn annoying.