PDA

View Full Version : taillights not working

88lxi-shortram
11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
ok ive searched and searched an searched. ive called in the advise of a few members on FB and still nothing. basically my taillights wont come on when i turn my head lghts on. heres what i did before they blew...

i went to reinstall cruise control onb my car but i lost my actuator thing. so i took one from my friends 87 lude with a manual tranny and tried to install it on my car (automatic) it bolted up fine and the plug was prefect but i couldnt get it to work. then a few days later my gauge cluster lights went out and i thought nothing of it, maybe a fuse ill do it later... the next day i get pulled over cuz my tails are out. so after searching ive come to theconclusion that the tails and gauges are linked together. so i begen testing. i checked ALL the fuses and they all look fine to me. bulbs are fine as well. i replaced the fuses i was told were related to them and still nothing. i dont have a fuse diagram from underdash or underhood fusebox so idk whats what. so im thinking theres either a hidden secret to this or my switch is bad possibly? any advise on this guys?

go2eleven
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
A couple diagnostic questions:

Are your headlight retractors working?
Are your license plate lights coming on even though your tail lights aren't?
Are your turn signals working?

POS carb
11-10-2012, 10:14 AM
download:
http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/manuals/1989%20Accord%20Electrical%20Troubleshooting%20Man ual.zip

go to page 111 on the pdf

do your headlight retractors work?
according to the document, if they do, that will rule out the fuses and switch.

charliekuney
11-10-2012, 12:21 PM
It's a fuse. Same thing happened to me. It's either 7 or 11 under the dash or something. It's labeled right tail light.

Legend_master
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Can you explain exactly which light work? Brake lights, parking lights, blinkers ect....

charliekuney
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
From what I can assume, the only things NOT working are his dash (the green backlighting, not the check lights or receiver) and TAIL and parking lights - think of it this way, all of the lights that would turn on with the first click on the combination switch. Head lights, brake lights, turn signals, reverse lights; all still worked for me when the fuse went out.