PDA

View Full Version : Firearms sales sky rocketing

nswst8
11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Don't know if you guys have noticed but guns sales are sky rocketing. Stag arms is sold out and back ordered on entry level AR15 platform. Hi cap mags are selling as well. Ammunition sales are up.

Hillary and Obama have been working with the UN (United Nataions, twice this year alone) on a small arms treaty. It is a back door gun control measure. Assault weapon platforms, (which they don't know anything about) hi cap magazine and ammuniton is in their crosshairs.

Obama has already shown that he will go around Congress for measures he cannot get through Congress.

2oodoor
11-10-2012, 04:39 PM
wow my 1000 word post just disappeared and my browser just logged me out on it's own

nswst8
11-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Funny

nswst8
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM
During the second presidential debate of 2012, President Barack Obama said, “What I’m trying to do is get a broader conversation about how we reduce the violence generally. Part of it, is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”

You can bet he meant what he said. Obama has a long history of holding anti-Second Amendment views, despite portraying himself as pro-hunter and reasonable about gun control. A second term spells trouble for law-abiding citizens wanting to exercise their right to keep and bear arms: Obama is strongly opposed to concealed carry, has supported gun owner licensing and gun registration and voted to ban semi-automatic rifles, handguns and ammunition during his time in the Illinois State Senate. He even voted for the criminal prosecution of those who use a firearm in self-defense.

“I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns,” Obama told author and economist John Lott, according to an interview Lott did on the Michael Medved Show in 2008.

Dr_Snooz
11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Phil, have you been following this story?

http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2012/08/government-agencies-stockpiling-enough-ammo-to-put-5-bullets-in-every-american-2450112.html

The last I heard, they were up to 1.6 million rounds before the orders went dark. Pretty scary stuff. Everyone is gearing up. I need to pray harder.

Vanilla Sky
11-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Self-fulfilling prophecy is self-fulfilling.

nswst8
11-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Just letting everyone know that prices will start to rise with the increase demand. Simple economics "Supply does not equal demand = higher pricing" Believe me when I say that I'm not an end of the world nut. I just like to be prepared for a worst case senario. As a Navy Corpsman giving humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries suffering catastropic events. I have seen first hand how civil society can break down very quickly.

nswst8
11-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Phil, have you been following this story?

http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2012/08/government-agencies-stockpiling-enough-ammo-to-put-5-bullets-in-every-american-2450112.html

The last I heard, they were up to 1.6 million rounds before the orders went dark. Pretty scary stuff. Everyone is gearing up. I need to pray harder.

Nope, not this story. Interesting through.

2oodoor
11-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Wow Im looking forward to catching some of that 40 cal surplus ammo when it goes to auction! :lol:

Vanilla Sky
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Just letting everyone know that prices will start to rise with the increase demand. Simple economics "Supply does not equal demand = higher pricing" Believe me when I say that I'm not an end of the world nut. I just like to be prepared for a worst case senario. As a Navy Corpsman giving humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries suffering catastropic events. I have seen first hand how civil society can break down very quickly.

You're right, it takes very little to upset the balance. I'm glad we have a safe house in the woods. Plenty of room to grow food, a ton of hunting and fishing is available, and there's enough food to last 20 people a year.

Hauntd ca3
11-17-2012, 01:10 PM
just interested to know how much the likes of an ar15 is worth in the states?
i think if you guys knew what firearms are worth , and the rigmarole you have to go through to get a firearms licence here, you'd all stop complaining.
i not long ago went through the processes and got my licence and bought myself a rifle, and have no change from $1500, and it aint an expensive rifle.

2drSE-i
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
$1500 USD or NZ? thats not too bad, especially if it's an American gun. Gotta figure import/export fees

Hauntd ca3
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
$1500 nzd.
i only bought a howa hogue stainless in 308.
and it was still just over a grand, plus sling, cleaning kit.
the licence itself costs 200.
you go through a full on police back ground check and they come round and inspect your house and security set up and an interview with an outside agency.
and then you have to go do a seminar and a written test.
if you pass all that, then you can apply for a licence.
and then, unless you know a farmer who will let you on his land ,you have to get permits to hunt in the national parks and conservation land.
an ar 15 style semi auto starts at 2k for a chinese made one, and then you cant have more than a 7 round mag without requiring a seperate endorsement and higher security gun safe.
and an endorsement for pistols is even harder again.

Dr_Snooz
11-20-2012, 12:11 PM

I don't think there's anything nutty about preparing for likely risks. We know that societies have broken down in the past and we know they will do so in the future. It surprises me how many otherwise rational people in this country refuse to believe that anything could ever go wrong, even as they complain how everything is going wrong. :dunno:

Vanilla Sky
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
People seem to rather ignore potential issues, especially if they are thing that can be the end of the world as they know it. It is always easier to not prepare than to prepare well, and it has been a really long time since we've had a major, widespread life changing event, so we as a society have become complacent.

stat1K
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't think there's anything nutty about preparing for likely risks. We know that societies have broken down in the past and we know they will do so in the future. It surprises me how many otherwise rational people in this country refuse to believe that anything could ever go wrong, even as they complain how everything is going wrong. :dunno:

refuse to believe or are hoping/praying?

i know people that just won't give it a second thought because it blows their little minds to think about.

i was reading some posts the other day on a forum and a picture of a gun was posted. several people following proceeded to ask why the op needed a gun. i lol'd to myself. i'll be prepared as much as i can. But i think a lot of people think they can prepare for anything and that's just too much for me.

Vanilla Sky
11-20-2012, 01:01 PM
You can use them to provide food and protection. If the loony libs can't understand that, then perhaps they should continue thinking that meat only comes from the store and that the government is only here to protect us.

stat1K
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
You can use them to provide food and protection. If the loony libs can't understand that, then perhaps they should continue thinking that meat only comes from the store and that the government is only here to protect us.

well i guess that's true but i'd say it sans the name calling. the retard repubs are just as bad eh? (see what i did there?)

Vanilla Sky
11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

/liberal

2oodoor
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Zomg now I gotta go see what that means ...
Well, anyhew can you imagine fighting over a gator while fighting the gator. Just random as just as random.

stat1K
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
lol and roodoo comes in to take the crazy cake!!! <3

Dr_Snooz
11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
The name calling is not helpful. I read lefty websites and it's all about how stupid, ignorant and racist the conservatives are. I listen to patriot radio and it's all about how stupid, lazy and weak-kneed the liberals are. In the end, we all want to be able to make a decent living and not be harassed by TSA goons. No one likes the direction we are headed and prepping is not specific to one side of the political spectrum. The liberals are buying homesteads, heirloom seeds and archive copies of Mother Earth News. The conservatives are buying weapons and MREs. We're all doing the best we can and calling each other names is not helpful. We should be working together to plan for what's coming, not finding reasons to hate each other.