PDA

View Full Version : efi conversion?

Deathconfess
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Could anyone direct me to some more info on a car to efi conversion? I've searched and found some useful info but not really much details. Maybe a tut or any post that could be of useful info. Thanks

87accordlxi
11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Have you seen the How-to for the carb-EFI swap? http://carotman.no-ip.com:8888/personal_site/howto/eficonversion/conversion.html

If so, feel free to PM Carotman with any additional questions you have.

Deathconfess
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
No I didn't see that. Thanks a lot. Very useful!

carotman
11-15-2012, 06:30 AM
If you have questions about the conversion, feel free to ask them here so everyone can benefit from the additional info.

Susanoo
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I have also successfully converted from carb to fi so just ask here and anyone else thats done it can help.

Deathconfess
12-18-2012, 12:02 PM
ok so I'm at the point in my project where I'm ready to start converting my tank. Its said that the new fuel pump assebly won't fit into a carb tank without modifying it. Couldn't I just use the carb assembly with a FI pump?

Susanoo
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
ok so I'm at the point in my project where I'm ready to start converting my tank. Its said that the new fuel pump assebly won't fit into a carb tank without modifying it. Couldn't I just use the carb assembly with a FI pump?

The FI pump WILL fit into a carb tank and I drove around for a year or so like that but you would have to stay above at LEAST a quarter tank but best above half. The difference in the two tanks are the little fins that sort of dam up the gas around the pump.

It'll work, but its not ideal.

Deathconfess
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I've heard you can also modify the carb tank to work right. Has anyone done this?