PDA

View Full Version : High flow injectors (Legend?)

1988starter
10-21-2002, 01:58 PM
I read once that the V6 legend injectors would fit in out cars I was wondering the flow rate of them and our flow rate also I was wondering what other type of injectors could be obtained from other cars to increase flow.

My next project is a ajustiable regulator new injectors fuel rail and better fuel pump.

smufguy
10-21-2002, 04:03 PM
well u need to get hold of a Legend like that (probably a 1st gen Legend, not sure about that). If ur really looking for performance in the fuel system, i would say u get brand new injectors instead of used ones.

startersgirl
10-21-2002, 05:48 PM
Just to tide me ove till I can get either accel or venom ones.

jteuton
10-22-2002, 08:05 AM
It would be easier to tide you over if you got an adjustable FPR and set it up about 6 psi (trust me it will handle it)......get your new injectors and new pump and then reset to your convience with an air/fuel ratio gauge. Just don't go overkill on the new injectors. I got venom's (10% higher flow rate), stock pump, and FPR at 44 psi and I still run rich on WOT

guaynabo89
10-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought that all honda injectors flowed at 240cc regardless of engine size or cylinders.

jteuton
10-22-2002, 10:20 AM
ummm......what do you mean by all honda injectors. Bigger engines need bigger injectors. But if you up the fuel pressure through the same size injector is will still flow more fuel.

88turboaccord
10-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Same size. Most honda motors are the same injector size which is 240cc. I believe the s2000 is a 270cc flow rate..

DBMaster
10-22-2002, 12:16 PM
I would be hesitant to try old Legend injectors because they might have the same leak issues as your old Accord injectors.

I am still not sure why adding more fuel and air would do much good without other modifications, but maybe with a higher flowing intake and exhaust you might notice something.

Chek out rceng.com and you will see that there are two different types of injectors (peak&hold and saturation) as well as numerous flow rates. I seem to recall that LXi's have peak&hold and 4g Accords use saturation.

Have fun.

1988starter
10-22-2002, 01:39 PM
Well I allready have an intake headers highflow cat dynomax exhause 2.25 mandrel bent piping MSD 6al NGK irridium wires fuel magnet(Got it free why not.) Blaster 2 coil and accel wires. I have an ajustiable regulator in my room but I just sent my car out today to have the tranny redone and have a new clutch installed that is why i am goint to improve my fuel system now.

DBMaster
10-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Well, now that you say you have all that maybe you might notice a difference. Me, I can't afford to spend any more on gas. I have been enjoying the fact that the car runs and runs and runs and requires very little other than scheduled maintenance.

1988starter
10-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Well sense it is ajustiable I can put it up when I want to play around with a little boost and put it back to normal when I want good gas milege.