PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody be interested in...?

go2eleven
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi guys. I am considering beginning to sell sensors and vacuum switches to anyone who needs them. There are lots of 3geez in the junkyards near here, and I have had decent luck getting replacements that work rather than trying to find new ones. For instance, a few months ago I realized my Frequency Solenoid Valve C wasn't working properly. I called up Honda and asked for it, and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about. I gave him the Honda part number and it turned out that there <i>was</i> still one left in America, and it was $180!

So, to test the water a bit, would anyone be interested in something like this? A service that finds and tests vacuum switches and sensor for our carb vehicles? Lemme know!

Dr_Snooz
11-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a great idea. A lot of the electrical parts are getting hard to find.

Vanilla Sky
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I made decent coin parting out these cars on the board. While I still have a ton of parts, I'm holding onto most of what I have so I don't run into availability issues down the road. As long as you test the parts and offer at least a 30 day warranty, you'll probably sell a lot of stuff. If you keep your eyes open for the rare items, you'll really do well.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a whole SEi sound system. All 4 speakers, the head unit, and the box in the back. Cut off plugs would be great, too. Let me know if you find a set.

go2eleven
11-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Awesome! I was kinda getting the feeling that everyone thought it was a terrible idea. Now I certainly want to get into it! Thanks for the encouragement Dr_Snooz and Vanilla Sky! And I'll definitely keep a lookout for that sound system. Any other rarities to look out for, aside from the obvious and much discussed SE-i armrest/cupholders and OEM foglamp switches?

Vanilla Sky
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Rear SEi brakes, SEi steering wheel, or at least its controls, fog light brackets, good OEM Stanley lenses, coupe tail lights, hatchback tail lights, cupholders, CD players, graphic EQs, possibly SEi leather interiors if they're perfect, any all black or black and tan interior parts, OEM spoilers, and pretty much every electronic part in the cars. If you really want to get into it, I suggest buying every 3gee you see for less than $250, as long as you have storage. You wouldn't believe the amount of seemingly common stuff I've sold. You just have to be able to pack light and safe for shipping and work on a tight margin for small stuff. I used to average $500 or so on every 3gee I parted, and I still have 2 engines, a transmission, and a nearly complete LXi coupe for parts.

Are you good with soldering? I refurbished every control unit or switch I sold, including suctioning the old solder off and applying fresh solder. I did charge a lot more for those than simple used ones, though. I have a lifetime warranty on any of the parts that I refurbished. I haven't had a single one come back.

go2eleven
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay, finally got time /and/ money to go to the junkyard soon. Are there any specific requests for vacuum or electrical switches? I will be getting a lot of stuff, but I would like to make sure I don't miss anything that someone really needs....

Legend_master
01-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Rear SEi brakes, SEi steering wheel, or at least its controls, fog light brackets, good OEM Stanley lenses, coupe tail lights, hatchback tail lights, cupholders, CD players, graphic EQs, possibly SEi leather interiors if they're perfect, any all black or black and tan interior parts, OEM spoilers, and pretty much every electronic part in the cars. If you really want to get into it, I suggest buying every 3gee you see for less than $250, as long as you have storage. You wouldn't believe the amount of seemingly common stuff I've sold. You just have to be able to pack light and safe for shipping and work on a tight margin for small stuff. I used to average $500 or so on every 3gee I parted, and I still have 2 engines, a transmission, and a nearly complete LXi coupe for parts.

Are you good with soldering? I refurbished every control unit or switch I sold, including suctioning the old solder off and applying fresh solder. I did charge a lot more for those than simple used ones, though. I have a lifetime warranty on any of the parts that I refurbished. I haven't had a single one come back.

Well said.