PDA

View Full Version : Finding parts in the Metro Atlanta Area?

EbidaDragon
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I've been wanting to replace and change out some parts, and save some things up for the future, but I've had no luck finding any good places around Gwinnett. I know there are some boneyards north of here, but no idea exactly where, and the one pull-a-part I went to with a friend had a whopping one LX, which I did snatch a couple little things from. I should have picked up more off of it, and I'm afraid their turnover for cars might mean it's already gone.

Any of you fellow Atlanta-area members got any suggestions where I should go for a better selection?

2oodoor
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
what is it you are looking for? We have some decent yards here, and in Columbia sc. and if you go to the pull a part website you will see a bunch of their yards in the Atlanta Metro area, some towards Athens and Royston area too . I have accumulated a collection of stuff too from having several of these cars over the past six years.

EbidaDragon
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I was looking for an LX climate control panel, various electrical components and carb-related parts, window regulators, rear bumper, and possibly things for an EFI swap. Perhaps engine parts that are harder to find, along with keeping my eye out for good headlights

2oodoor
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I hAve a oem carb, that is about it off your list. I am expecting to have a lot more free time soon so maybe I could help with some hunting.
I am thinking about trying to find a mint deck lid with a oem luggage rack intact and just do away with my rear spoiler. I could use a few dash pieces as well, and maybe some cool stuff off other makes of cars like expensive mufflers, lights etc..

EbidaDragon
11-19-2012, 02:48 PM
While my dash is pretty minty and my interior not half bad, I'd be fine with stocking for the long term if I found a good place. I could use a muffler myself, mine's literally peeling, haha! Just seems really odd since it's the only rusted thing on the undercarriage >_>

I usually have the most open time on weekends since work is a 3-10P every weekday sort of deal, but I'd be in to setting up a parts-pulling day!