PDA

View Full Version : Heater Stopped Working.

vteckiller
11-28-2012, 05:15 AM
As the title says the heater stopped working, the heat part works. just not the blower part.. it like randomly died.. Now this also. when i have my stereo on. and turn the heat speed on to any of the lvls it turns the stereo off.. any help thanks..

Legend_master
11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Sounds like you are either having an issue with the alternator not working properly, or a combination of the blower motor and radio going out at the same time. Go to AutoZone and have them check your alternator output.

Dr_Snooz
11-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I'd check the fuse first.

vteckiller
11-29-2012, 04:23 AM
So not the heater works only on high.. i think its the board/switch that controls to turn the blower on and at what speed.. i disasembled it and it looked decent i leaked up all the brase curcuit parts to insure proper contact. i dont know how it goes hand in hand but im thinking its not getting both prongs connected so its not working then on high it finally gets both prongs. the radio part is got me confused.

Dr_Snooz
11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
That sounds like the fan resistor.

vteckiller
11-30-2012, 02:41 AM
That sounds like the fan resistor.

thats the little black thing that looks kinda like a fuse right? is protected by a white cover has positive going through it i believe?

Rendon LX-i
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Simple test is to smack the fan if it starts to run then the contacts in the motors are shot. IF it only works on hi the resistor is shot unplug unscrew unit and replace should be good. Unless you have some kind of break in the circuit or bad ground. good DMM would get you going. But putting in prospective that the car is 20+ years old that shit will give it sooner or later. Might as well throw a new motor in which is about 25-30 bucks. resistor gets a big spendy

88Accord-DX
11-30-2012, 09:13 PM
So not the heater works only on high.
Your blower motor resistor is bad. It works on high because that circuit has 12 volts straight to ground through the blower motor. It usually is mounted on the HVAC duct somewhere to keep it cool.