PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Chrismfc
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm new as a member but I've been reading this site for years with all my older Hondas. I was reading the how to: section and trying to figure out what the point was for the how to: wire safc to pjo with blue wire mod

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Chrismfc
11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I guess I didn't introduce myself properly I own a 89 lxi coupe. Nothing much to look at right now so I won't bother with the pictures yet. I'm from Oklahoma. I've owned probably twenty Hondas and this is my third accord. I had a 92 81 and now the 89. I've had pretty well every type of American Honda car except for a prelude. I plan on painting the car in the summer and I've got a set of SI rims for it already with some neuspeed springs I got from the scrap yard. I'm not really big into massive overhauls or mods, I just like freeing up as much hidden factory power as I can. That's why I was asking about the blue wire mod.

Dr_Snooz
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
LOL. That one is pretty cryptic. It describes a way of making a Super Air Flow Converter work with the stock Accord ECU. As I understand it, this is fairly advanced and you'll need a wideband O2 sensor to make it work best. You probably won't need to do it until you've done other extensive mods and need to fine tune your A/F mix to take full advantage of them.

At least I think that's what it is. We are in the process of updating the How-To section, so hopefully things will make more sense when we're done.

Post pics of your car when you have a chance.

hatch88lxi
12-01-2012, 07:51 PM
What part of oklahoma are you from? im here in tulsa!

Chrismfc
12-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm from Oklahoma City but I live in noble now.

Chrismfc
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Thank you Dr Snooz I guess I'll try something simpler. I wish I had found this website when I had my 82 accord or my 81 wagon. It would have helped a lot.

Chrismfc
12-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Has anyone ever put fourth generation bumpers on a third gen? I just think they look better.

Dr_Snooz
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure the lines would blend well, but you can try it. Take lots of pics when you do.

Chrismfc
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Mine are pretty well demolished so I've gotta do something. I guess I'll spend a day at pull-a-part.

Chrismfc
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if the American Honda manufacturers used a different method to paint car then the Japanese? My paint has dried and cracked away. I've just never seen a Honda do that and this is my first USDM Honda.

2oodoor
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Has anyone ever put fourth generation bumpers on a third gen? I just think they look better.

There was somebody here a few years ago that used an Acura Legend bumper and it looked pretty good. Also first gen Integra is close but not perfect by no means. Just the covers were used Im sure.

Vanilla Sky
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Is your car white? I have a white coupe that had bad paint at one point. The pisser is that they didn't even scuff much before they painted my car. Most of the white Hondas of this time period seemed to have major paint issues. I have seen this issue with both 1HG (US) VIN code cars and JHM (Japan) VIN code cars.

I know that members have installed 4th gen body kits on these cars, but there's a lot of massaging that needs to be done for them to work. I think there may be a Kaminari body kit available pretty far down in the marketplace if a body kit is your cup of tea. There's always the pre-facelift trim kit, which I think looks better than the facelift parts.

Chrismfc
12-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah I'll just put those springs on it to see how much lower it gets and make a decision from there on the bumpers. And yes it is white. I plan on painting it anyway so it doesn't really matter. I just thought it was weird. I've owned four white Hondas and never seen that problem before.