PDA

View Full Version : Help apre tire problem!!!!

accordfan
12-01-2012, 08:40 AM
hey guys i got a flat last night so i put on my spare tire. there wasn't any air in to it so i drove to the nearest gas station to put aair into it i was pumping air but there was no air going into the tire i was freaking out is there a special type of compressed air you have to put into spare tires, can anyone help me please

MessyHonda
12-01-2012, 09:46 AM
this is the one tire that does not check as often as it should. i had my spare be flat after years of not checking the pressure. I have been doing research and the best type of air is to get nitrogen filled tires. The nitrogen will hold up longer than just regular air.

2geeSEi
12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
is there a special type of compressed air you have to put into spare tires, can anyone help me please

Your valve core may be damaged. Also, as Messy said, remember to check the pressure in the spare regularly.

Vanilla Sky
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
If the spare was driven on without air in it, there's a good chance that the tire was cut on the drive. At the minimum, the bead will need to be set again.

If you're dealing with an original tire, yu are working with at least a 27 year old tire. I have a couple of OEM spares that still hold air, but I don't trust tires that old.

POS carb
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
a spare tire is the same as a regular tire

some air chucks require you to press the lever before any air will flow...