PDA

View Full Version : Back again!

b20aTURBO
12-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey guys old member here just popping in :rockon: glad the site is still up and running strong.
For some that dont know me I used to own an 86 accord HB custom paint Job one of the first B20a swaps to be done and soon turbo kit to be installed had alot of rare JDM parts on it as well. Any of the OG members still around? Mike aka mykwickcoupe? justin? anybody? anyway just wanted to say whats going on thanks for listening

2oodoor
12-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome back and yes there are some of those guys still regulars!
Your car sounds interesting, any pics?

b20aTURBO
12-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks man cool nice to hear there still around pics of my car ummm do an advanced search for Versanick hes the one that bought my car I think he posted up a few pics from carslie car show some nice shots there

b20aTURBO
12-07-2012, 05:30 PM
BTW are guys still doing the b20 swap? is it easier to get the motors and parts now?

Ichiban
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey, i just sorta came back after quite a while away too! I got the B20A in my 82 hatchback, thinking of doing the supra 7m-ge in my hilux next...

A18A
12-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome back!

It seems the motors are easy to find, manual gearboxes not so much

b20aTURBO
12-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey, i just sorta came back after quite a while away too! I got the B20A in my 82 hatchback, thinking of doing the supra 7m-ge in my hilux next...

Cool man sounds good!!

b20aTURBO
12-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Welcome back!

It seems the motors are easy to find, manual gearboxes not so much

thanks! so gearboxes still hard to find well if you have issues can you still rebuild the factory one?

Dr_Snooz
12-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Whoa, Ichi. Haven't seen you around in a while. How are things?

MessyHonda
12-09-2012, 12:14 PM
takes time and money to have a b20 in the states. now that innovative has started to produce b series mounts more and more people are just doing b swap like i did after my b20 project lost steam and interest.

Vanilla Sky
12-10-2012, 03:13 AM
We've also found a stash of A series turbo manifolds that I'm setting up a group buy for. I imagine the JDM swap won't be common at all in the future.

It's cool to see old members pop in and check on things. Welcome back!

b20aTURBO
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
We've also found a stash of A series turbo manifolds that I'm setting up a group buy for. I imagine the JDM swap won't be common at all in the future.

It's cool to see old members pop in and check on things. Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome back!!
Yeah b-series swaps sound better since you get to source parts easier and the aftermarket world is huge.... BUT I just remember how cool it was having a JDM motor and being one of the first to do it. still nice seeing everyone modding there car.

RobT5580
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Parts have become very scarce as you can't just order them from Japan as i once did. I still have my B20A turbo which was short lived but since i sold my Subaru Legacy GT i have picked back up on the accord. I blew the B20A Turbo back in 05 and let it sit for a few years then decided to build it again. I picked up a rust free chassis from down south and currently its awaiting paint and the B20A should hit the machine shop early in the new year as i picked up new pistons a few years ago. I was making some progress but lately working 70+ hours leaves no time so i hope to get back at it by the new year. I figure i have it all free and clear so i might as well see it through even though as the money i dumped into it is long gone. I kept 90% if the build so it will minimize what i have to put back this time around and maybe get to put some miles on it.

Glad to see you drop by!

!(>..<)!85AeroAccord
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey! - Also old member...10 years now almost...but never lost my interest in the 3g Accord Aerodeck which brings me to my next bit....

There's another one in UK up for sale, but as it's been so long I can't remember anything about what to look for as a "red flag, walk away" or "iffy but fixable for a price, lets negotiate".

Can any of you 'spurts (experts) throw a light on this for me please?

!(>..<)!85AeroAccord
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
bump - car still available to buy...

Legend_master
02-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Hey! - Also old member...10 years now almost...but never lost my interest in the 3g Accord Aerodeck which brings me to my next bit....

There's another one in UK up for sale, but as it's been so long I can't remember anything about what to look for as a "red flag, walk away" or "iffy but fixable for a price, lets negotiate".

Can any of you 'spurts (experts) throw a light on this for me please?

I think the biggest thing to keep an eye on would be rust on the rear arches. Besides that I don't really know fair price in the UK, I would gladly pay $2000-$3000 for a running aerodeck with no rust, that was a 5speed. If the seller has no clue what they have, you can probably get it cheaper!

b20aTURBO
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Parts have become very scarce as you can't just order them from Japan as i once did. I still have my B20A turbo which was short lived but since i sold my Subaru Legacy GT i have picked back up on the accord. I blew the B20A Turbo back in 05 and let it sit for a few years then decided to build it again. I picked up a rust free chassis from down south and currently its awaiting paint and the B20A should hit the machine shop early in the new year as i picked up new pistons a few years ago. I was making some progress but lately working 70+ hours leaves no time so i hope to get back at it by the new year. I figure i have it all free and clear so i might as well see it through even though as the money i dumped into it is long gone. I kept 90% if the build so it will minimize what i have to put back this time around and maybe get to put some miles on it.

Hey ROb good to still see you on here man car is looking good!!
Glad to see you drop by!