PDA

View Full Version : 22 December 2012 Free BBQ and Car Meet at Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, RSVP

senor honda
12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet at Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, Pinellas County. RSVP required

Sponsor has requested location change from Largo to 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL RSVP required

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. Free food and drinks for all, Free to spectate, Free to show off your ride as well as see everyone else's Its gonna be a great time with food, cars and friends! What else could you ask for! We will be raffling off an LS custom painted valve cover as well as the chance to get your own valve cover custom painted for free!

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. The more the better. We wanna fill the park. We will have little signs directing you where to go. We only ask that no one act like a tough guy and burn out. Were here for fun! And i really hope to see EVERYONE out there

Roll in together, park together-Bob

Questions and RSVP text to 1-727-326-2930 or call 813-839-4281

Where? 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL
When? Sat. Dec. 22nd from 1-5pm

A18A
12-11-2012, 02:39 AM
man this sounds like fun. wish we could have a meet like this locally!

senor honda
12-11-2012, 02:52 AM
I was about to say stop by our meet. Then I saw New Zealand..... :(

Is an Accord called a VIGOR in New Zealand? The picture looks like my 89 Accord.-Bob

man this sounds like fun. wish we could have a meet like this locally!

88LXi68
12-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Ahhh too bad I'll miss this as I get into Tampa 12/25!

senor honda
12-13-2012, 07:13 PM
We will miss you, buddy!
There is still plenty of stuff to do, though.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/local-events/797725-senor-hondas-events-date-attempt-organize-my-postings.html

We also have a start on 2013....

If you are in CT, what's the temperature up there?

Ahhh too bad I'll miss this as I get into Tampa 12/25!

88LXi68
12-14-2012, 05:39 AM
If you are in CT, what's the temperature up there?

It was 28 on my ride into work this AM. Some of the white stuff is supposed to be around Sunday and into the beginning of the week. YUCK

senor honda
12-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Couple meets tonight/Friday. Two car shows on Saturday and another one on Sunday.
I have gone to as many as 5-6 meets/shows on a Saturday. There is always something
going on. November 10 we had 2,000 imports at a meet ....and backed up traffic onto
Interstate 95. It was only our fourth one.

28 degrees? Groannnnnn......
Last night down here in Paradise (Florida) it got down to 59 degrees
and I lit a small fire in my high performance wood stove. Working on
my 89 Accord today, sun shining and it feels in the 70's maybe......

Another great day.....-Bob

senor honda
12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Cruise, cookout and cookies

After milling around at shelter 6 for a while, we lined up for a cruise over to Oldsmar to a park on the water at Chestnut and Shore Drive. Mike stayed behind for a limited time to direct late arrivals. The people who are used to being fashionably late by rolling in two hours later probably did not know what happened or where we cruised to.

We set up the first gas grill for burgers and a second one for hot dogs only. We gave away about 100 burgers and about 50 hot dogs, a couple cases of water and several two liter bottles of soda.
It was all you can eat and no one left hungry. Bags of Gourmet Cookies by Lady T were passed out to people when the grills were shut down. Jason Jiovani of Jin Racing donated some hats from his drift team.

There were a variety of cars including Classics, Drift, Hot Rods, Mopars, Mustangs, Rat Rods, 'Vettes, vintage stock cars, Japanese and British imports. No one got turned away. It was a great turnout considering that according to the Mayan calendar, the world ended the day before......LOL

It was cold as heck in the morning, but turned much warmer as the day went on. There is a good possibility of another cookout and cruise in two or three months when it warms a bit,
I will let you know of the location and date.....or you can PM me to be sure that you get notified.-Bob

2oodoor
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Link to pics from the event?

senor honda
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Link to pics from the event?

I was pretty busy with the cruise and parking, cooking, etc.
I did not get one picture. :( -Bob

However, here are some from Simply clean on Nov 10 in Ormond beach.
We had 2,ooo cars....stopped traffic and backed up the interstate......
We overwhelmed the place.......It was one heck of a party.

http://iamsimplyclean.com/2012/11/16/more-sc4-videos-are-popping-up/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPdEVoexhwg