PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to prepare a pork chop?

POS carb
12-14-2012, 09:09 AM
http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=837246#.UMtaq3eOkdU

2ndGenGuy
12-14-2012, 12:10 PM
I wonder which way they were talking about. This is serious business after all.

I prefer mine with sauteed pearl onions, in a caramelized apple sauce, then baked in the oven with slices of apple. MMMM.

lostscotiaguy
12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Seasoned with a bit of rosemary (it's pretty strong, so a little bit will do, especially if you crush it between your palms before sprinkling it on), salt and pepper and a crapload of sliced (Into rings, not diced) onions.

Use about 1 1/2 onions for each chop, trust me they'll cook down, just throw some butter in the pan, cover them and give them a stir every few minutes till they're nice and brown and soft.
Throw in some apple chunks if you want to mellow it out.
When they're nice and brown and soft, take them out for a moment (Throw em in a bowl for a second)
Then turn up the heat in the pan to sear the chops on both sides.
Then turn the heat back down and cook the chops with the onions sitting on top of them.
DON'T overcook them...a "hint of pink" is the rule...porkchops are f***kin dee-lish, but they're lame when overcooked, and people always overcook them.
They'll cook up quite quickly.

2oodoor
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Braze them good on burning hardwood coals about twenty minutes depending on the size that can vary, then close it up to smoke em up a couple minutes then wrap them up in foil with a little apple cider vinegar base sauce with spices, nice and wet puddle, splash a little kikkomans teriyaki baste n glaze sauce. Cook them around another twenty minutes on low to med heat, waiting till you hear them bubbling;thats a simmer, so about ten minutes simmer inside that twenty should do it.
I do baby back ribs the same way but like 45 braze 45 wrapped, till there done, bones poking out and meat falling off the bone... No ripping meat off with youre teeth, those are not done. Edit ; yeah or the're overdone

Dr_Snooz
12-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Uh-oh. Glad none of us have guns up in here...

2oodoor
12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Uh-oh. Glad none of us have guns up in here...

Guns is fer killin hawgs wha huh?
I get pretty pissed about over cooked meat as well...