PDA

View Full Version : front end modifying

romonharvey
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Ok is there anyway to convert are headlight from the Winker lights to the modern still light like the ones off of the cb7 our acuras

A18A
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
yes. there is the factory way which is mostly a bolt on swap, headlight brackets need to be welded on though. depending on where you are, finding the parts may be difficult
http://carborg.com/images/honda-accord-ca-06.jpg
or the more custom way of putting the CB front end on. not a bolt on swap and will require quite a bit more work to do properly. it's been done before
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/hondaman87/IMG_0477.jpg

romonharvey
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Is there a how to on thethe cb swap an is there someone on the form that's already done it an what all would i need to do the swap besides the cb parts

A18A
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Is there a how to on thethe cb swap
no

s there someone on the form that's already done
yes, hondaman87 owns(/owned?) the hatch above

an what all would i need to do the swap besides the cb parts
the ability to do all the fabrication required to make it work or pay someone else to do it for you

romonharvey
12-16-2012, 10:56 PM
The fabrication is easy i just need the parts list an ill go from there an thanks for the help

Legend_master
12-17-2012, 09:41 AM
The fabrication is easy i just need the parts list an ill go from there an thanks for the help

Its hard to make a list for that.

Front bumper
bumper brackets
bumper reinforcement
headlights
headlights housings
lower blinkers
all associated wiring and bulbs

pretty sure none of that will just bolt up, that is where the fabrication will come into play.

romonharvey
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Ok so in ur own opinion would it be easier to use a Integra front end or a cb7

Legend_master
12-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Ok so in ur own opinion would it be easier to use a Integra front end or a cb7

In my opinion I think the factory front end looks great. If your talking about the second gen Integra it is going to be just as difficult as the cb7. What is your reason for wanting non popup headlights? Maybe you should just buy a different car?

2oodoor
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
went digging and found this Teg frankenstien
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473774

A18A
12-24-2012, 04:16 AM
i think the da front doesnt look too bad :) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2582902/1989-honda-accord/1989-honda-accord/

MessyHonda
12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
i think the da front doesnt look too bad :) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2582902/1989-honda-accord/1989-honda-accord/

yeah maybe if it had a stock bumper it would look even better.

seancmadison
01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
I need to speak with who ever did the 80s 3door lxi with 90s front end i have a welder and whole 90sfront front clip.

seancmadison
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
I may be new but is this not a modify front end page. Cause if i wanted stock id go and look in the repair guide. But i hate going down the road with really dim lights i live in the mountains of Mendocino Forrest. I need to see and buy a different car u wanna pay for it last time i checked 3gs were cheep and reliable so why not at least try and help for those like me loking for a how too on just that.
In my opinion I think the factory front end looks great. If your talking about the second gen Integra it is going to be just as difficult as the cb7. What is your reason for wanting non popup headlights? Maybe you should just buy a different car?

Legend_master
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I may be new but is this not a modify front end page. Cause if i wanted stock id go and look in the repair guide. But i hate going down the road with really dim lights i live in the mountains of Mendocino Forrest. I need to see and buy a different car u wanna pay for it last time i checked 3gs were cheep and reliable so why not at least try and help for those like me loking for a how too on just that.

Well first off, if you buy a car cause its cheap then front end conversations are out as they will require a lot of money. If your headlights are dim, buy some upgrade lenses and install and HID kits. That will be just as bright as any modern car. The reason there is nothing to chime in on is, it will all have to be custom. The only bumpers that get close to "bolting" on is the 1g Integra, but that car has pop-up headlights. Anything else will need to be custom trial and error.

2oodoor
01-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I remember when I first got a 86 dx, the silver car I usd to have had very poor lighting. I discovered the headlights wern't even halogens. I bought standard H6054 bulbs and made a heep of difference. Upgrading to HID would be even more phenomenal.

seancmadison
01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I was given free front end im mechanicay inclined just want a second opinion

2oodoor
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Sounds good, take pictures of progress and stuff and post them up! I'd like to see what it turns out.
Hey I like to see a tailight conversion too since there are aftermarket versions for the 4 th gen but not 3rd gen accords.

Dr_Snooz
01-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I remember when I first got a 86 dx, the silver car I usd to have had very poor lighting. I discovered the headlights wern't even halogens. I bought standard H6054 bulbs and made a heep of difference. Upgrading to HID would be even more phenomenal.

Even the halogens degrade over time. If you haven't already got your heart set on a front end conversion, you could probably get decent light by buying new bulbs and re-aiming them.

seancmadison
01-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Sounds good, take pictures of progress and stuff and post them up! I'd like to see what it turns out.
Hey I like to see a tailight conversion too since there are aftermarket versions for the 4 th gen but not 3rd gen accords.

I have seen people mod sock tail lights with a template to makesure all lights still legally shine and mold the rest with bondo not best but works