PDA

View Full Version : Newbie. Need a lot of help!

CSuprak
12-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I joined the site last month but just now started really getting into it. About a month ago I got myself a steal! 1989 LX-i coupe. :) I love it so far! It needs a lot of work and I'm also going to get some custom work done to it for a better looking interior. A20A3 engine and a 5 speed on the floor. It's awesome! The interior is in great condition but I dont much like the color. XD brown is not my favorite even if it was originally a brownish red. Plan on doing some custom fab for the dash and deck cover. As well as custom fab back seats and some black recaro front seats (when I get the money of course) until the recaros im looking at getting some 88 or 89 prelude front seats. I would even love to convert all the interior to the tan/black stock interior from another 89 accord if I can find one in great shape! My car needs a lot of work since I spent only $700 on it.. but overall it was awesome for the price. I'll po. Pictures and such in the future after I move. Chandler AZ in January!

derolph
12-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Welcome. Hope to see some pictures soon, something I can compare my 88 LX-i coupe to.

Dr_Snooz
12-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome from California!

redneck
12-24-2012, 05:54 AM
welcome from the south east! would like to see that ride.

CSuprak
12-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Haha. There wont be much to compare yet. It needs a lot of visual work too. As well as mechanical. Starting with a valve cover gasket.

Anyone know the torque specs on the valve cover bolts? I haven't gotten a repair manual yet

obdriver6
12-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Nice, another coupe! If you need a service manual, download this one (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php) or go to the 3geez wiki for other manuals!

Dr_Snooz
12-26-2012, 09:05 AM
7 ft-lbs. About wrist tight.

rajib000
01-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Really interesting "CSuprak" i pleased with the reply, sometimes the i just read reply to get the representation of various people, you representation is too good i post in my previ (http://www.stargazervideochat.com/)ous reply like this type.