PDA

View Full Version : Power Antenna @ JY

King Peetis
12-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I found a fully loaded 89 LXi at the JY today. It had a power antenna so I grabbed it. I got the switch and wiring from the center console. I also grabbed the motor, the antenna, retractor controller module, and some other grey box. I was also able to slide out of there with a main relay and a couple of other things. Now my question is this: "Is it worth my time and money to install it or is it just gonna be a pain in my ass?"

Dr_Snooz
12-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Great big PITA.

King Peetis
12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
That's what I thought! Sucks cause I spent 35 bucks on it... it's going in the box with all the other parts I dream of installing.

King Peetis
12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
That's what I thought! Sucks cause I spent 35 bucks on it... it's going in the box with all the other parts I dream of installing.

Legend_master
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM

I've got one of those boxes lol.

MessyHonda
12-25-2012, 01:44 PM
i never use my antenna anymore now that i have a deck that connects with my iphone and plays pandora. im thinking of shaving it off. last time some people were playing football around my car and they almost ripped my antenna off..good thing i had an alarm and i went outside to move my car inside.

King Peetis
12-27-2012, 10:10 PM
well I was at the JY again today and found a couple of things that I have never seen intact; the two little black clips in the hatch area that hold down one of the privacy panels. they are mounted to the speaker cover AND the T- handle on the other privacy panel. I'm going to make silicone molds of each so I always have spares...

King Peetis
12-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I've got one of those boxes lol.

I tell myself to stop buying shit but when I see it for the first time I just gotta have it...

Dr_Snooz
12-28-2012, 01:30 PM
well I was at the JY again today and found a couple of things that I have never seen intact; the two little black clips in the hatch area that hold down one of the privacy panels. they are mounted to the speaker cover AND the T- handle on the other privacy panel. I'm going to make silicone molds of each so I always have spares...

Well as long as you're at it, get those stupid clips in the engine bay that hold down the throttle cable on the LX-i's. Every time I found a whole one of those, it breaks within a week, if it doesn't break while I'm trying to remove it.

My kingdom for a 3d printer!!!!

Vanilla Sky
12-30-2012, 10:19 PM
As soon as I can afford one, I'm buying one of these: MakerBot Replicator (http://store.makerbot.com/replicator.html)

One of these would be sweet, too: NextEngine 3D Laser Scanner (http://www.nextengine.com/)

I think one of us on the forum needs one, might as well be me :devil:

Dr_Snooz
12-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh...I couldn't agree more. Let us know when you pick them up. LOL!

Seriously though. How many people dropped that much on a plasma TV and home theater way back in the day? This is a million times more valuable. Definitely worth it, even though in a decade we'll be buying this stuff for $50 from Wal-Mart on Black Friday. I'm trying to be less of a consumerist, but I'll be in that line for sure.