PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Install Questions - pretty basic I believe

Brennan
12-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,

I did my alarm a while back, it's basic but does what I want it to...mostly. Keyless entry was easy, I've never had a problem with that. Shock sensor works pretty well. Warning light blinks perfectly (mounted in empty dash panel next to Cruise Control). :)

Here's my issues, and these should be pretty easy for you guys.

Immediate:
1: No dome light trigger of alarm
--Where do I find this wire, and can I just hook it straight into the alarm wire meant for the dome light? Any relay needed?

2: Alarm siren randomly only makes muted "ark, ark" noise when arming / disarming
--I believe this is due to my shitty power connection for the brain. Where do you guys splice into for power, and how?

Optional:
2: No horn honk, only alarm's proprietary siren
--Can I hook the wires for the alarm's siren to the car's horn directly? This seems like it wouldn't work when the alarm actually went off, because the siren does all those other "WhhhhOOOOOO!!! WhhhhoooOOO!!" noises and I'm pretty sure the car's horn can't reproduce those?
--On my dad's Honda his car horn just goes apeshit in a random pattern (his was installed professionally). This would be fine for me (hell, it draws more attention anyway).

If you can tackle any of these, I'll gladly listen!

POS carb
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
tap the dome trigger to the safety indicator in the dashboard (the one that tells you what door is open). I can't remember off hand the color of the wire but there is one wire back there that triggers on all doors. there is also a trunk trigger back there if your alarm supports it.

alarm siren should be hooked up to the alarm siren output. most alarms put out a constant 12v signal to the siren, the wailing effect is done by a circuit board in the siren. if your siren is 2 wires plug it directly to battery and make sure it works, it may be full of water/rust

for the horn honk, again, most siren outputs are constant 12v. if you hooked up your horn to that it would just go "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
you can hook it up to the light flash output with a relay or install a turn signal flasher inline if you tap into the siren

dieselgus
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Trunk pin is green/black. The four doors are green/color stripe all side by each in the same plug in the back of the cluster, diode isolate. Or just use the black/white in that plug (all door trigger). Back of cluster, plugged into the safety warning section. While you have the cluster out, may as well change the bulbs.

Brennan
01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Cool. Not too hard to pull the dash, is it? Thanks guys!

POS carb
01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
You don't need to pull out the dash, just the gauge cluster, pull the hood off (2 screws on top and 3 or 4 on the bottom behind the switches/block off plates)
once the hood is off there are 4 screws that hold the gauges to the dash, pull it back and disconnect the speedo cable and any other plugs if you need more wiggle room. Don't play with the gauge needles.