PDA

View Full Version : Ksport full bodied coilovers comparison

Susanoo
12-28-2012, 03:03 PM
So im looking at getting some ksports for the 89 accord and apparently theres a guy thats running F&F full body coilovers made for an 88-91 civic/CRX on his 3gee. So as far as what im looking at, the ksport Kontrol Pro's, What do these specifications mean? Like the spring rate differences. Im emailing Ksport about checking physical differences, but im not sure im gonna get a reply for something like that so someone please explain the spring rate differences at the least and if anyone knows about physical differences, even better...Here are the spring rates from Ksports own website...

Product ID: CHD240-KP
Honda Accord 1985-1989 Kontrol Pro Coilover System

Spring Rates Front =12/672, Spring Rates Rear=6.7/375, Notes=-

AND...

Product ID: CHD010-KP
Honda Civic/CRX 1989-1991 Kontrol Pro Coilover System

Spring Rates Front =9.8/549, Spring Rates Rear=5/280, Notes=-

Thank you in advance...

RobT5580
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I picked up the ksports because i could not get tein to do the combination i needed. I have only put on maybe 50 miles when i first installed them but they seemed firm but not bouncy like the weapon r coilovers i had back in the day. Most companies will do custom spring rates so you may want to see if you can get what your looking for. I have read a few complaints about the ksports on preludepower.com which is why i held onto my koni struts but im hoping if i keep my car out of the elements that they last and perform as intended.

Legend_master
12-29-2012, 01:51 PM
So im looking at getting some ksports for the 89 accord and apparently theres a guy thats running F&F full body coilovers made for an 88-91 civic/CRX on his 3gee. So as far as what im looking at, the ksport Kontrol Pro's, What do these specifications mean? Like the spring rate differences. Im emailing Ksport about checking physical differences, but im not sure im gonna get a reply for something like that so someone please explain the spring rate differences at the least and if anyone knows about physical differences, even better...Here are the spring rates from Ksports own website...

Product ID: CHD240-KP
Honda Accord 1985-1989 Kontrol Pro Coilover System

Spring Rates Front =12/672, Spring Rates Rear=6.7/375, Notes=-

AND...

Product ID: CHD010-KP
Honda Civic/CRX 1989-1991 Kontrol Pro Coilover System

Spring Rates Front =9.8/549, Spring Rates Rear=5/280, Notes=-

Thank you in advance...

I'm pretty sure k-sport will let you get custom rates on the springs. As far as what those #s mean 12 kg/mm or 672 lb/in, just explains the spring rates. The k-sports are gonna be a little more stiff, and would be better if your planning on slamming the car or autocross.

MessyHonda
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
im sure k sport will let you pick any springs but that is the spring rate that they determined that fits our cars better.

stock is 211 front and 117 rear that is 1.803 difference
k sports are 672 and 375 rear that is 1.792
civic spring rates are 549 and 280 rear that is 1.96

you could get stiffer springs but i would only be for racing applications