PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem... Help

larnaton
10-22-2002, 05:56 AM
Okay, I don't know what happend but my battery died while I was driving, I popped the hood saw the altenator wire came off, put it back on charged the battery drove the car, parked it.. tried to start it again and now it won't... even with a battery charger hooked up. My idiot lights don't come on either when I put the key in, radio and cruise don't work either.. However the headlights do work and the light comes on, on the dashboard... If anyone has any ideas about this I would really appricate it.:burn:

Vanilla Sky
10-22-2002, 07:02 AM
ouch... my only guess would be the main relay, or a bunch of lesser relays...

or you could have shorted something out, or blew all the fuses...

i would just start sipmle... check all the fuses and see where that gets ya... then if nothing turns up there, start checking relays, starting with the main relay

Derick

SiR
10-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Your car was still running when you put back the alternator wire?

Does it make any noise when you engage the starter? It might be the cable coming from the battery to the starter.

Rooz

socal3rdgen
10-22-2002, 09:50 AM
i had my car die on me the other day while i was driving. come to find out my coil wire poped off of my distributer. weird.

ACCORD EX
10-22-2002, 01:15 PM
check for battery terminals ! clean them and lube them !
and check your main battery fuse i think it's 70 or 80 Amp under the hood ! in the fuse box !

MIKE

larnaton
10-22-2002, 06:35 PM
It was the main battery fuse.. It keeps blowing and I can't figure out why... :(

bigpoppa88
10-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Check your connections on your starter, and your power cable coming froom your fuse box. Lift the small plastic clip covering the connection, mine was totally sulfated.

ACCORD EX
10-23-2002, 05:51 AM
keeps blowing means there is a short or something ! what was teh last thing you did before that happened ( i mean switched something electrical on ?? ) ??

MIKE

87LXI Racer
05-23-2004, 01:58 PM
i've got the same problem i've gone through 3 fuses and i can't figure out if it's a short or what

89dxowner
05-23-2004, 05:05 PM
hmm wierd. check for maybe wires that are touching or fried or grounds.