PDA

View Full Version : Slow Windows

WhiteSpecV
10-22-2002, 06:30 AM
Anyone have a problem with slow driver/passenger windows?
I'm thinking it's becuase the car sat for so long, and now the motors will need to be replaced, but at 185/piece, I'd like to know if anyone rectified the problem with a cheaper means, like cleaning contacts, etc.

:help:

Thanks

-Joe-

Immeraufdemhund
10-22-2002, 07:11 AM
umm, there is a part on that either in the faq's or the how to's. Try that, it's the cheap way. Apparently most of us have trouble with a slow passanger side window.

snapper
10-22-2002, 07:44 AM
By some honda pro silicon spray. Spray it down the tracks of the windows and you'll be good to go. You can get it at your honda dealer.

WhiteSpecV
10-22-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by snapper
By some honda pro silicon spray. Spray it down the tracks of the windows and you'll be good to go. You can get it at your honda dealer.

By tracks, are you referring to the inside of the door, or do you mean the rubber that seals the window itself, i.e. when the window is closed, the rubber surrounding it.

-Joe-

snapper
10-22-2002, 07:56 AM
It's the rubber track that the windows is in. Just spray the hell out of it. It won't ruin anything. You may have to clean the window. It reconditions the seal and makes the window work better. I've used it on my 97 accord and my 89 dx accord and it's worked great for both. The 97 is an auto. Honda told me I needed a new window motor, but I just sprayed the track and it's been good ever since. On the 89 accord, it was a manual and I had trouble getting it to go up and down. I sprayed it and that's also good. Give it a shot. I think it's only $5 or $10.

WhiteSpecV
10-22-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by snapper
It's the rubber track that the windows is in. Just spray the hell out of it. It won't ruin anything. You may have to clean the window. It reconditions the seal and makes the window work better. I've used it on my 97 accord and my 89 dx accord and it's worked great for both. The 97 is an auto. Honda told me I needed a new window motor, but I just sprayed the track and it's been good ever since. On the 89 accord, it was a manual and I had trouble getting it to go up and down. I sprayed it and that's also good. Give it a shot. I think it's only $5 or $10.

Well that makes sense, the car is an '89, but only has 29000 miles on it. I don't think the motor is bad, I just think it needs a little coercion. The rubber is probably dry as hell. Thanks for the info, I'll give Honda buzz in a few minutes. Thanks for the quick reply also!

-Joe-

snapper
10-22-2002, 08:03 AM
I bought it from here:

Honda Silicon Spray (http://www.ahmotor.com/product/ahmcat1mt.html)

88WhiteLX-i
10-22-2002, 12:40 PM
oh man just take the panel of the door off and put lithium grease in the space where the window slides in the big X thing. I rebuilt my drivers side window and I had to replace my window motor, window regulator, and the whole track. I got all of these parts at a junk yard for LESS THAN $25 bucks!!!! there is absolutely no need to pay over $150 bucks for just the window motor. It's not even that hard either only took me about an hour for the whole thing!!

WhiteSpecV
10-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah, but there's no point in me going to a yard, pulling all those parts for no reason. The car has 29,000 miles on it. It was driven once a week at most, and now it will start seeing mileage.

I think it's probably the rubber in the track, but there's only one way to tell. I'll try spraying it down in a few days.
If that doesn't work, then I'll start pulling parts.
Thanks again guys.

-Joe-

MoonScryer
10-22-2002, 02:08 PM
Nice car, nice low mlieage find...from what time capsule did you get it out of? :D

WhiteSpecV
10-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by MoonScryer1
Nice car, nice low mlieage find...from what time capsule did you get it out of? :D

It was my grandfather's. He died about a month ago, and they couldn't figure out what to do with the car. now, I'm just waiting for probate to finish up so I can finalize everything.

then I can start tearing parts off of it.

-Joe-