PDA

View Full Version : More info on bodykits

jteuton
10-22-2002, 08:41 AM
I know its been posted before that 4 gen kits work on our cars but I was just posting this for those that need reassurance. The Kit fits perfect (Black Widow) but as you all know the corners are more rounded so you decide if you like that kind of look or not. I repeat there is no trimming needed on a Black Widow kit (rear bumper) on our car.

hybrid281
10-22-2002, 06:04 PM
So just about all the 4th gen kits fit on the third gen?

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 06:09 PM
the sides need to be trimmed

jlaccord89lxi
10-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jteuton
I know its been posted before that 4 gen kits work on our cars but I was just posting this for those that need reassurance. The Kit fits perfect (Black Widow) but as you all know the corners are more rounded so you decide if you like that kind of look or not. I repeat there is no trimming needed on a Black Widow kit (rear bumper) on our car.

what do you mean by "no trimming needed on a Black Widow kit (rear bumper) on our car"??? Do you mean you have to trim everything else and just not the rear bumper?:huh: :huh: :huh:

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 06:32 PM
the front or the back DO NOT need to be cut or trimmed ...the fenders in the front may need to be pulled out a tad to line up with the kit right ..the back dosent need to be modified at all but the sides need to be shortened

jteuton
10-23-2002, 07:08 AM
I don't have any side skirts yet. I have an 88 prelude front bumper and a 90 accord rear. The rear fits perfect with no trimming. The front fits but it is pulled out. I plan on going with our year side skirts so there will be little cutting involved.

jlaccord89lxi
10-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
the front or the back DO NOT need to be cut or trimmed ...the fenders in the front may need to be pulled out a tad to line up with the kit right ..the back dosent need to be modified at all but the sides need to be shortened

what do you mean by "pulling the fenders"?

jteuton
10-23-2002, 04:39 PM
The fenders are left alone. The actually kit you get the sides will be a half inch to 3/4 inch too long. YOu can pull the kit out and mount it a half inch out (makes the nose of the car longer) or you can trim the sides on it. I didn't pull on my fenders at all.

Toby
10-23-2002, 06:18 PM
how do I remove the rear bumper?? where are the screws that need to be removed??

YK86
10-24-2002, 12:27 AM
How does the BW kit mount? Is is a replacement bumper skin like some of the fiberglass kits?? Or does it fit right on the 3rd gen bumper?? Can you clear this up since there are many ways to mount different kits. Like the Xenon sticks on top of the bumper skin on the bottom half while some kits, you completely remove the bumper skin and mount it.

jteuton
10-24-2002, 09:18 AM
The stock bumper has three or four screws on the side that hold it back by the wheel and the little black plasitcs shits on the top where the trunk closes. I ended up going with Impact Parts on this and their Aerogear line. Its gel-coated and a BW replica. The actual BW is made by Grounddesigns or something but the kit I got it is much better trust me. I will get pics up of it. It makes the front look shitty in comparison. It is a gel coated entire rear cosmetic bumper with mesh inserts and dual outlets at the bottom (which I didn't particular care for) and it has no holes or nothing in it so you line it perfect where the other bumper is and then get the correct size drill bit and mark it and drill and screw and mount it. The front bumper I had already had the holes in it and doesn't seem as sturdy or strong as my Impact Parts piece. I got the front piece from Ground Dynamics.