PDA

View Full Version : hazard flasher problem. Electrical

socal3rdgen
10-22-2002, 09:55 AM
my turn signals work fine. just to clear that up. but when i try to hit my hazard light while driving or park or witht the engine off, they dont turn on. Then if i jiggle the turn signals violently then the hazards work. ok now when i cut the hazards off the signals dont work till i violenlty throw the signal control arm up and down . then they work. :wtf: can someone please help

SiR
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Sounds like your control arm's contacts are going bad on the steering coloum (I think thats what its called) I had to replace mine from a junkyard peice about 5 years ago cuz the headlight would just turn off when you touch the turnsignal handle. I didnt bother with it. I just replaced it.

Rooz

BoredRec
10-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Sounds like you need some WD40. That usually helps clean dirty contacts. Spray some 40 bellow the hazard switch and the combo switch (headlight switch) and wiggle each switch like a thousand times. Usually that will help it out. Otherwise I suggest going to the junkyard to find the switch cuz they almost cost more than your car to get new from the dealership.

socal3rdgen
10-22-2002, 11:31 AM
dizamn!!!! more than the car. fuck no ill be wd-4o'ing it in no time before i pay that much or ill get a junk yard one. thanx.

mike_fx_u
10-22-2002, 06:54 PM
mine did the same thing. i tried to turn the hazards on one day and they didnt' come on. then blinkers didnt' work so i banged on the column. started to work. messed with again. now doesn't work at all so i will get a complete switch from the junk yard

Mike

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 07:04 PM
hazards !?!?! we drive hondas ...you must have been winnin races

smufguy
10-23-2002, 08:28 PM
the reason might be, the grease with the dirt on ur lever arms are probably blockin up ur contact points. Just clean it off with a ear but and put a new grease (lithium general purpose would be fine) and ur all set.