PDA

View Full Version : 90-97 coilovers??

iiviasterp
10-22-2002, 02:08 PM
i remember someone sayin that 90-97 accord coilovers fit on our cars, i dont remember who but can someone help me out on this? i sold my 16's and drop springs and am now goin with 17's and coilovers, i was just gonna get a set off ebay but i need to make sure that the 90-97 ones fit... thanks

YK86
10-22-2002, 02:29 PM
I got the 90+ Ractives. It won't go low enough to have the car sitting on the ground but it will go more than low enough for every day use. The lowest settings with Ractives will ruin my car with the roads around here LOL. I have them set about 7 full turns of the perch from the bottom.

iiviasterp
10-22-2002, 02:37 PM
so they fit right on... no modifications at all? thats so money if they did.... bought to order some right now!

Jims 86LXI HB
10-23-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by iiviasterp
so they fit right on... no modifications at all? thats so money if they did.... bought to order some right now!

Curious to know which one's your going with and how much they are going to cost you.

iiviasterp
10-23-2002, 01:51 PM
well if i can get conformation that they fit with no modifications....ill probly get just a cheap pair off ebay.... i think ive seen them for like 69.99 or something like that

dXsquared
10-23-2002, 02:16 PM
cheap = bad... trust me... and if u dont... ask JIM about my cheap advertures

Travis

iiviasterp
10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
werd...... thats a good point, i dont know what im gonna do, but id like to get a str8 answer on this question...... do the 90-97 accord coilovers fit with no modifitations?? thanks

Jims 86LXI HB
10-23-2002, 09:16 PM
werd...... thats a good point, i dont know what im gonna do, but id like to get a str8 answer on this question...... do the 90-97 accord coilovers fit with no modifitations?? thanks

Awhile back, back on AF one of the members I think it was "paulie" answered your question like this. They all will fit, most of them with out any modification. A few and I can't tell you which one's, will require that you do some cutting in order for them to fit. He was implying that the threaded sleave might have to me shortened at bit. I would take that to mean that some 90-97 coilover kits offer a stock ride height option. The catch is, 4th gen and 5th gen struts are taller than our 3rd gen struts. So it would make sense that a coilover system that offers you the ability to have a stock ride height on a 4th and 5th gen would have a sleave body that would be to taller and need to be shortened. If it was me I'd think I could avoid that risk my making sure that the coilover system I was looking at had a drop range of say 1.5"minimum to what ever maximum you think you need.

iiviasterp
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
thanks alot man that helps me out alot....... looks like its time to find me some coilovers :flash:

Jims 86LXI HB
10-23-2002, 09:40 PM
thanks alot man that helps me out alot....... looks like its time to find me some coilovers :flash:

A word of caution. I've noticed a trend that the off brand coilover's seem to be much stiffer than the know brands. Find out the brand name and work like made to get a phone number to call the and ask what the spring rates are. What I'm getting at is, if what you get is stiffer than say the ground-controls, you might not be happy with them even with Koni's on the car.

iiviasterp
10-24-2002, 03:40 PM
to tell you the truth tho... a plush ride is not really high up on the agenda for me.... i dont mind a bumpy ride... cause my car was pretty rough with the drop springs cause my stock struts were pretty gone after a few months....

Jims 86LXI HB
10-24-2002, 10:01 PM
to tell you the truth tho... a plush ride is not really high up on the agenda for me.... i dont mind a bumpy ride... cause my car was pretty rough with the drop springs cause my stock struts were pretty gone after a few months....

That ain't what I'm talking about, plush ride and a lowered car would be like asking for hot and cold coffee, you can't have both.
No what I'm saying is if they are to stiff, they will likely make even Koni's ride like a warn out strut. I don't even want to think how a softer strut like the tokico's or kyb'swould behave with something that stiff, it would be a ticket to the rodeo for sure.

iiviasterp
10-26-2002, 03:56 PM
good point i wasnt even thinkin about that....well hell who knows what im gonna do.... i got all winter to think about it tho... so thanks again