PDA

View Full Version : muffler question

LIL'LXi
10-22-2002, 04:18 PM
When I got my '87 lxi hb a couple of weeks ago it had a blown out muffler.Guy at midas said I already have 2.25 in piping, but the resanator is gone. I went to the local import shop told the guy about my muffler and he said since I dont have a resanator I should get a pipe with a silencer in it. Was he right or can I use one of the other type that is more free flowing? what is anyone else running that dont have a resanator?

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 07:01 PM
he said you should get a muffler with a silencer right ? when you take the resinator off the exhaust gets louder.... he probally recommend a silencer because your exhuast may be quite loud ... i have header back 2.25 inch piping with no resinator and a muffler without a silencer and its loud but no one bothers me about it ..if the police around you are strick about exhuast noise you should get a muffler with a silencer .

1988starter
10-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Get a dynomax superturbo muffler it will keep sound down and help add a little power.

smufguy
10-23-2002, 08:07 PM
yep, u dont need a resonator and i am even suprised u have a 2.25" piping. its........amazing? get a dynomax like starter suggested. u will be happy.