PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control button

Stefi-blueLX
10-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Ok guys. I use my Cruise control nearly EVERY time I go to school. Today the cruise control button got stuck. I couldn't push it back out. I've tried everything to get that little button back out. Can someone please help find a way to push it back out and make it push in and push out properly again?

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 07:55 PM
hmm mabey spray some wd40 in there ? i dont know if it could damage anything

89cordlx
10-22-2002, 07:56 PM
the button my LX has been stuck in forever, it works. now the button on my LXI does nothing, my cruise doesn't work hehe.

bigpoppa88
10-22-2002, 08:37 PM
mine frequently does the same, my "trick" is to push it in as far as it'll go, with the tip of my left thumb nail. As you put pressure on it to force it in, "snap" your thumb nail down. It'll usually pop out.

socal3rdgen
10-22-2002, 08:37 PM
cruise control :huh: what the hell is that? i just mash the gas pedal.

*think to self* maybe thats why i get pulled over all the time.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Mine used to do that too. Sometimes I could get it out by pushing it at a certain angle a few times, and others it just wouldn't come out. I took it apart and cleaned the switch real good, and put a little lubrication on the moving pieces, and it's worked like a charm ever since.

1989se-i
10-23-2002, 10:30 AM
ya, what the hell is a cruise control

jlaccord89lxi
10-23-2002, 04:34 PM
you don't have to un-press the button. You can leave it pushed in all the time if you want, i don't think it will hurt anything. You're cruise control still won't activate till you press the buttons on the steering wheel

AZmike
10-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Mine has been stuck on since I got my car over 2 years ago. Nothing is broken. I don't care if that little grean light is on all the time.

smufguy
10-23-2002, 08:14 PM
get a button from the junk man. I pulled out my whole cruise from my car since its just pointless to have one and taking up space since i dont use it anymore. it cleared up some room for my hydraulic hood support though. gotta get that damn thing welded soon. :mad:

Stefi-blueLX
10-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Well I tried everything and I still can't get that button out!:mad: But it won't hurt anything right? Cause I use the cruise A LOT. It's very useful for a 50 mile comute.

Grant2k
10-24-2002, 07:38 AM
i agree that you don't need the button to come out becasue you can still use it with the steering wheel controls. my button works fine, but the problem is that when i put mine on, the car accelerates. i can put it on at 70 and i'll be doing 85 in less than a minute. i only know this from when i play with it. i never use it because i don't feel in control when it's on. cruise control=bad news.

socal3rdgen
10-24-2002, 08:43 AM
definetly cruise makes me feel like im riding a train. i need to be in control. thats why i like stick better then auto, i feel when i drive im in control when i have to shift a lot. it keeps me from zoning out.

AZmike
10-24-2002, 03:00 PM
I got a manual so I could control the car too, but why would you need to shift on the interstate? My LXi pulls well in 5th gear so I just leave it there with cruise for long trips. It only switches off if I need to downshift to pass someone on a two lane road.

DBMaster
10-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Go to Radio Shack and buy a spray can of tuner cleaner. Pop out the whole switch assembly and spray the shit in all around the button (over the garbage) until it literally runs out all over the place. Shake it off and mess with it some more. Tuner cleaner cleans and lubricates and is specifically for electronics.

Won't hurt for the button to stay in, but I'll bet the tuner cleaner will work.

HostileJava
10-25-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by DBMaster
Go to Radio Shack and buy a spray can of tuner cleaner. Pop out the whole switch assembly and spray the shit in all around the button (over the garbage) until it literally runs out all over the place. Shake it off and mess with it some more. Tuner cleaner cleans and lubricates and is specifically for electronics.

Won't hurt for the button to stay in, but I'll bet the tuner cleaner will work.

He's right, that's probably your best bet.

SLCPUNK
10-29-2002, 02:14 AM
You can pop that thing out in 10 seconds if that. I just got another switch at the junk yard too. Mine was sticking, so that's why I got a new one.

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2002, 02:26 AM
all it is is DIRT you can take the switch apart and clean it and be good... dirt collects on the oils that you leave behind...so go ahead and take it apart and clean it, or get a good one from the scrap yard... the cleaner is more than the switch would cost... i think it's $4.79 a can...

Derick