PDA

View Full Version : 4ws ?

BigEA20
12-29-2012, 09:23 PM
First off, Hello.

my name is Eric, I LOVE 3GEEZ this website has helped me fix up my 89 accord sedan lx, too good running condition and I seem too be on the site daily now :rockon:

ANYWAYS I was thinking about buying a prelude as a doner car {dont worry I know what years} has anyone ever converted their accord too 4ws? I think it is a really cool. I understand that it would be one hell of a project but, I think it would be a neat mod too have on my 3G.

Down here in so-cal they have a ton of old preludes sitting in the picaparts and junkyards everywhere. I have gotten as low as 300 bucks for a running 87.

now plz be nice this is my first thread :kekeke: someday when I get one of these and start the converting, and dont worry I will post some pics :)

thanks again for all the great info guys! this is the best honda forum ...EVER

lostforawhile
12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
they take a lot of work to keep going, and it's getting really hard to find parts for the system, I dont think it's worth it, they are neat, but they had a lot of issues

Dr_Snooz
12-30-2012, 10:15 PM
From what I've read, the first generation 4WS on the 3g Prelude was supposed to be pretty good. All subsequent generations were pretty dismal. Get the mechanical system. It's really simple and works very well. The electronic system is garbage.

Although, I couldn't bring myself to tear apart a 3g Prelude just to put the steering on my Accord. Just me though.

Legend_master
12-31-2012, 01:19 AM
I'd say 4ws + some awd system would be awesome.

obdriver6
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
^ One day somebody should do that! lol