PDA

View Full Version : new clutch

Experimental_Honda
10-23-2002, 01:41 PM
do they make a high performance clutch for 88 lx's? i want like a stage 2 or 3. i thinking it my buy me a little tq. man i wish they made some high performance for the a20a1 they are to damn slow.....................

:bh:

Experimental_Honda
10-23-2002, 01:42 PM
high perfomance parts.........man i cant type

iiviasterp
10-23-2002, 01:54 PM
actually there are alot parts out there for the A20 now.... i used to think there was nothin till i found this board, but yea there are performance clutches out there for our cars.... right now the only place that i know of is nopionline.com, but then again thats cause thats the only place ive looked. but look around, there not hard to find

iiviasterp
10-23-2002, 01:56 PM
and if you were thinking that adding a high performance clutch would add torque to your car, i really doubt that it will, i might be wrong, but all a high performance clutch does is that it is able to hold more torque and more abuse, but dont quote me on that

Kemperz
10-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by iiviasterp
and if you were thinking that adding a high performance clutch would add torque to your car, i really doubt that it will, i might be wrong, but all a high performance clutch does is that it is able to hold more torque and more abuse, but dont quote me on that

Sorry, I had to quote you lol.

Experimental_Honda
10-23-2002, 06:27 PM
man i have not been able to find much for my ride i have to ghetto rig most of my stuff. why the fuck did i have to buy a carbed car..........i should just save my money and swap a new motor in it, you cant get the kinda power i want outta the a20a1. i want to do mostly jdm under the hood but no jdm companys make parts for the a20's they are just to damn old....

Site
10-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Experimental_Honda
why the fuck did i have to buy a carbed car.....you cant get the kinda power i want outta the a20a1.
Dude, you're in Lexington? You should come to Cincy and drive my car. You might change your mind. A carbed engine can produce some satisfying results if you're willing to make some modifications.

3rdGenFanatic
10-23-2002, 10:28 PM
As I will demonstrate.. my goal.. to follow Site and be another Dual Weber Destroyer!

Chubs87Accord
10-23-2002, 11:28 PM
werd

socal3rdgen
10-23-2002, 11:58 PM
i got a act stage 1 and im laying down the rubber if you know what i mean. the best part is the heavyier engagement. it shakes my car up to 3rd gear, then theres wheel vibration at 4th.

Darkside
10-24-2002, 08:56 AM
I got A south bend ralley clutch and I've been very satisfied. Smoother engagement but more holding power. By the way a clutch does not produce torque. an engine does. I think you can get south bend clutches at Clutch doctors, but I put my own in.

anchovies
10-24-2002, 12:34 PM
act, clutchmasters, centerforce, unorthodox
this are some aftermarket stronger clutches for 3geez i can think of today

Experimental_Honda
10-24-2002, 06:41 PM
hey site, im willing to do the mods, i just dont like the fact that my car came with 98hp and i could only crank about 200hp out of it with alotta mods. yeah site since you live in cincy we should go roll some time, maybe you could come down here and ride with me and the team im in.

87accordlxph
10-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Experimental_Honda
hey site, im willing to do the mods, i just dont like the fact that my car came with 98hp and i could only crank about 200hp out of it with alotta mods. yeah site since you live in cincy we should go roll some time, maybe you could come down here and ride with me and the team im in.

Dude,

I used to live in Lexington, KY about a year and a bit ago until Sept 11 then I moved back to Canada.

Where were you at the time I was livin there?

BTW, how's the weather? Must be nice. Here it's getting cold.

Peace.

-Mike

Experimental_Honda
10-27-2002, 12:15 PM
yeah the weather's not half bad, i live near down town off richmond rd.

ryan88lxi
10-28-2002, 07:21 PM
im not sure exactly what stage it is or anything but id say i have the stage 2 because its a step up, but it is an ACT kit, it is the heavy duty pressure plate with the street/strip disc, i ordered it about a week ago and it came on friday, looks really nice, once my car gets al the shit done to it that wil go in, get it from www.nipponpower.com, thats where i got my headers too, they have good prices

GreenMachine
10-28-2002, 10:48 PM
Anyone have the centerforce dual friction ? any good things to say about it ?

socal3rdgen
10-29-2002, 12:07 AM
fixing the link

http://www.nipponpower.com/

found this link. i didnt know that SPEC made clutches for our cars.

http://www.nipponpower.com/drivetrain/clutch/spec_honda.html