PDA

View Full Version : Passenger window help

chavezbrian101
01-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok so my 3geez is on the road to begin with! :D but i came across a problem... my passenger window wont go up!!! I checked the fuses but they seem good. What would i need to check? And if I'd have to get behind the panel how do i take it off? Car's garaged i dont want to risk leaving it out considering all these damn theives... the help would be appreciated!

POS carb
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Try using both switches, the one on the driver's door and the one on the passenger door.
also, check the fuses under the hood, each window has a fuse

chavezbrian101
01-11-2013, 09:17 AM
tried that, checked fuses and they're good

Legend_master
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Then you either have a bad window motor, a wiring issues, or the window control module is bad. If you download the shop manual it gives an entire rundown to find the problem. I'd guess most likely the window motor is bad.

Legend_master
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Also, make sure the drivers side "child safety" switch is not on.

charliekuney
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

chavezbrian101
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
So i kind of fixed it, i connected the motor to a battery and it went up and down perfectly and got the window, so my conclusion something in the wiring correct me if im wrong

2oodoor
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
You may be on to something...
Fuses, wires, master switch connections, control module connections ( in driver door)

Legend_master
01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
So i kind of fixed it, i connected the motor to a battery and it went up and down perfectly and got the window, so my conclusion something in the wiring correct me if im wrong

Definitely a good sign, everything else should be pretty easy to fix.

chavezbrian101
01-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Well thanks for the help :p

thomson85
01-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I've had the same problem in the past, and had the same results when hooking it up to a battery. Here's your problem. It is the window switch on the passenger door. You need to remove the switch and take it apart, there are brass contacts inside. Clean them up good with some sand paper. Re-install and I bet it will work fine! Might want to take the extra time to do the other switches as well to prevent the other windows doing the same thing at a later time. But, if you just do the one switch, it will correct your issue. Also, to make your windows roll up and down better, spray silicone into the felt track. It makes it so much smoother. Hope this helps.

thomson85
01-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Also, to answer your question about the door panel. They are not difficule to take off. Might be able to find a video on Youtube. Just remove retaining screws, pry door panel from door to remove clips from door. The lift up to remove. Read the repair manual or watch a video online to see how to do it.

http://www.justanswer.com/honda/0pnuv-remove-1989-honda-accord-s.html