PDA

View Full Version : N6 automatic tranny

thebeertruck
01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
:sadwave: Could anybody tell me, what model honda did the N6 automatic transmission came from. I recently swap my burnt out f4 for one of this an I'm having problems with the cv axles, I can't find them, an nobody seem to know about the N6 model. Any info would be helpfull, thanks

2oodoor
01-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Where did you find that!
It's for the B20A engines for these cars JDM and EDM only.

thebeertruck
01-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Where did you find that!
It's for the B20A engines for these cars JDM and EDM only.

Found it at a place where they import a lot of engines an trannys from japon, the guy in there told me it would work but I had to used the cv axles he gave me. He also told me that it came out from a 88 honda accord, the N6 tranny works fine, my only problem is finding the cv axles that go with that tranny. The shaft where u slide it in to the tranny is much smaller that the shaft from f4. I whent to different shop around the Los Angeles area, an everbody clueless about N6 trannys. An I'm getting a headache already, I'm thinking just rebuilding my old F4.:dunno:

2oodoor
01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
You're saying it bolted up to your A20 ?
If that's the case you can connect the solenoids to a switch in the car for lock up torque converter.
One is partial lock, the other is full.

2oodoor
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
You need prelude inner cv I guess.

thebeertruck
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
You need prelude inner cv I guess.

Yep, it bolts on like butter on the A20. Good thing this morning I found a place where they could help me with this problem. Sure enough it's a prelude tranny,I'm gonna try an play around with the selonoids an see what happends. I guess we learn something new everyday..