PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Juarez Mx to...

Buzo
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
My current job is about to end, so started to search for a new job.

I believe you guys in the US use to leave home at 18 to go to college. In Mexico we use to stay where we were born, always going to the nearest university into the same state.
So moving from one city to another is not an easy decision for us. Neither is moving from one country to another.

In my search for a new job I found one opportunity in Vancouver, CA. A friend of mine is already working there, and she has hired a couple of other friends that used to work with me here in Juarez. I already talked to her and she is kind of waiting for me to confirm her that I really want to move.

I've been in Vancouver and other parts of Canada so many times before for business reasons, but there is a huge difference compared to permanently live there.

I though I would post this here and get some feedback about how other foreign families you may know live in Canada. Because if I move It would be with my 3 daughters and wife.

My first option is to find another job in this city, second is moving into the same state and finally, think about leaving the country. So this plan might never become reality, who knows.

Dr_Snooz
01-16-2013, 09:50 PM
That's a tough one. For what it's worth, Canada is a great place to live. Their government is not quite as corrupt as America's and they tend to have better quality of life numbers than the US. The weather in Vancouver is not bad (when compared to, say, Alberta). If you have a lot of family close to you there in Mexico, it will be a hard move, no matter what. Are they offering you relocation expenses? What is the likelihood that they will hire you, then decide that Chinese workers are cheaper, leaving you in the lurch? If they are in an industry that likes to do that, I would proceed with caution.

Keep us posted.

dieselgus
01-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Come on up!

Does rain here a lot in the winter. Not the cheapest city to live in, I would reccomend one of the outlying areas such as Burnaby, New Westminster, or Coquitlam as Vancouver proper is overpriced. Pretty large and awesome Mexican community here from what I have seen mixing the annual festival put on by the consulate.

2oodoor
01-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Tradition can be defined as something that has worked well in the past but the world constantly changes so as long as you incorperate pieces of tradition in your life and keep them close at heart, a new life shall be good and further traditions made.

stat1K
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
i would jump at the chance to start a life in vancouver, one of the good things about vancouver is its proximity to the states but still being in canada lol... i have a few friends in BC eastern more and they love it. I say go for it man.

Buzo
01-24-2013, 07:35 PM
After not being selected in several job interviews finally found another position into the same company, so I will keep all my benefits, my house, my life as it's been since the last nine years. It was pretty scary :nervous: though
I will work in some automotive A/C stuff starting Monday :naughty:
Thanks for your inputs here, and i already thank my friend for the offer at CA.

dacantu
01-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey Buzo, how would you say the situation is in Juarez? Ive got family in El Paso that says its cleaning up quite a bit. The reason I ask is because I have an uncle in Porvenir that has been kind enough to give me an old car on his land but this was before the cartel completely took over that area. My family keeps telling me its too dangerous to go into the area of Porvenir because the cartel is still very active in that area especially with the new border that they built in that direction. Que opinas tu al respecto? Quiciera ir por mi 64 Chevelle pero no quiero ir sin saber la situacion en la que me meto..

Also glad to hear you found a job in Juarez and dont have to relocate to Canada, although Canada truly is a great place to live from what i hear.

Dr_Snooz
01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Things worked out well then. Glad to hear it.

Buzo
01-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Things worked out well then. Glad to hear it.

thanks! A couple of friends lost their jobs 2 years ago and to date have not recovered their salary levels, so that's why I got so scary about losing my job.

Oldblueaccord
01-26-2013, 11:30 AM
One thing about state side I would think you could make more money.

Buzo
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Hey Buzo, how would you say the situation is in Juarez? Ive got family in El Paso that says its cleaning up quite a bit. The reason I ask is because I have an uncle in Porvenir that has been kind enough to give me an old car on his land but this was before the cartel completely took over that area. My family keeps telling me its too dangerous to go into the area of Porvenir because the cartel is still very active in that area especially with the new border that they built in that direction. Que opinas tu al respecto? Quiciera ir por mi 64 Chevelle pero no quiero ir sin saber la situacion en la que me meto..

Also glad to hear you found a job in Juarez and dont have to relocate to Canada, although Canada truly is a great place to live from what i hear.

Things are much better now, from more than 350 men killed per month we should be in less than 20.
You should be OK coming now, just be low profile, don't bring your super duty 4x4 pickup with two motorcycles in the bed, and don't wear excessive jewelry.
Si un dia decides venir por aca no dudes en contactarme!