PDA

View Full Version : rebuild eng is leaking water from above the exuash pipes on block

Edward Ochoa
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
just as the post says i took the car on fr4eeway they as long as i didnt punch it its ok no high revs so i do that then i get back from where i went and the car overheats and my radi fan no works so i let it sit for for about five hours and i get it to the person to hook up the fan he does and i start the car eng sounds like it has no water i check it no water in the radi i fill it up then the water goes right thru the radi to the block then fall out leking down the pipes ??? help anything thx

2oodoor
01-22-2013, 03:42 AM
That's not good.

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 07:43 AM
my dad in law said probley it loose bolts on the eng ?????i dont know whats next but i do know that there are pieces missing that wernt before so i need some bigg help

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
plus to my dad in law said to just buy a new car but i ain't, shit im keeping this car

my dad in law said probably it loose bolts on the eng ?????i don't know whats next but i do know that there are pieces missing that weren't before so i need some big help

Legend_master
01-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Can you get some pictures of the problems, I'm havering a little trouble following what your problem is.

2ndGenPreludeSi
01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
just as the post says i took the car on fr4eeway they as long as i didnt punch it its ok no high revs so i do that then i get back from where i went and the car overheats and my radi fan no works so i let it sit for for about five hours and i get it to the person to hook up the fan he does and i start the car eng sounds like it has no water i check it no water in the radi i fill it up then the water goes right thru the radi to the block then fall out leking down the pipes ??? help anything thx

I wouldn't worry to much... It might be somethin' simple.

Freeze plug?

Dr_Snooz
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
You have to get under the car and find out where it's coming from.

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
yea thats what my in law had said ut i dont know cuase ive changed the water pump before it that so i dont know
I wouldn't worry to much... It might be somethin' simple.

Freeze plug?

ShyBoyCA6
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Ok who rebuilt the engine? was it a shop or you? can you take pictures to help pinpoint your problem cause water running down the exhaust can be anywhere. its like hitting a fly blind folded here lol.

AccordB20A
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM
a mate bought a rebuilt b20a once and we chucked it into his car , put water in the rad to find the head gasket on backwards. water pissed out from between the block and head

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
behind the plate are the ex pipes right ? when the pipe from the block goes down to connect to the next strech of pipe is where the water was falling onto then hittin the floor.... i wolud fill up the radi full and it goes stright thru falls out and down the pipes :nervous: 4842

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
this the first night i got it back the only thing that looks new is the new alumanum head???can u see it 4843

Legend_master
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
So is it spraying from the radiator to the engine, or the engine to the radiator?

ShyBoyCA6
01-22-2013, 11:19 PM
thats pretty dirty for a rebuild....

hmm im gonna have to say the head gasket wasn't placed right...

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
So is it spraying from the radiator to the engine, or the engine to the radiator?
i put water in the radi then it goes stight thru to the block then leaks down the pipes

Edward Ochoa
01-22-2013, 11:33 PM
i was told that the eng has to seed waht is that about ??? ive been driving light so i cant under stand why it would pop

thats pretty dirty for a rebuild....

hmm im gonna have to say the head gasket wasn't placed right...

ShyBoyCA6
01-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't understand what you are saying. I highly recommend you take it back where you got done and complain to get it fixed.

2oodoor
01-23-2013, 03:55 AM
I don't understand what you are saying. I highly recommend you take it back where you got done and complain to get it fixed.

Me either... This could be as minor as a loose hose clamp but it has to be looked over good. Seeds?pop? Who worked on it Orville Redinbacher? Ssssssst

Just kidding

Edward Ochoa
01-23-2013, 06:42 AM
welll the guy who rebuilt it said the whole block has to glue back together since he took it all apart and put it back together he said it has to seed shut i don't know nuttin about swapping Eng or rebuilding them so that's why im asking hes my inlaws goto guy so they can save a buck but i think he bullshitted them and gave us what he put together ?????

gfrg88
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Have you checked the exhaust manifold bearing bolts yet? That's teh "pipe" you're talking about right? That might be the bolts that he's talking about..

Edward Ochoa
01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
yea cool ill menshon that i got ahold of the guy he figured out the prob gonna go by tonight

Edward Ochoa
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
ok so the dickweed used old block with new pistons and gasket , so now hes told us he was at the shop and hes gottn monies for the new head and now we gotta go the house were its at and see whats the deal we aint payin for no labor fees

2oodoor
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Smells of really fishy to me at this point. Good luck with dickweed.

Edward Ochoa
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
ok we went and said the head got a crack in it small enough to get it welded from the shop but he also said we need to get gauges for oil and something else hes gona take out the fuse box and resoder it also the idler is replaced soo thats where were at now

bryan42688
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
ok we went and said the head got a crack in it small enough to get it welded from the shop but he also said we need to get gauges for oil and something else hes gona take out the fuse box and resoder it also the idler is replaced soo thats where were at now

give up or buy a new motor , sounds to me like the head gasket is on backwards the dowel pins will allow that to happen and the result is exactly what you are describing, in other words the motor was put togeather wrong , and more then likely has had all tyes of fluids going places that they were not intended too, are you blowing out white smoke of your tail pipe?

Edward Ochoa
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
naw the car was running smooth when i got it back i guess it over heated because of the broken radiator fan it didnt cool off the radi or eng

Edward Ochoa
01-25-2013, 12:53 PM
another questain im being told that i need a oil pressure gauge or oil temp??? is this nesscary to add more gauges

2oodoor
01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
It is nice to have a oil guage but millions of these cars have gone hundreds of thousands of miles without one.
Hopefull dickweed put the new oil pump seals in that come with master gasket set required to so this job.

And the wires for temp sensor and oil pressure sensor are easily mixed up, fyi

Edward Ochoa
01-25-2013, 01:52 PM
And the wires for temp sensor and oil pressure sensor are easily mixed up, fyi

so if the prevous owners.. who ever they were... got repairs before we started... may have messed up any and somthing on the eng ????

2oodoor
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
No that's not what I mean. At this time I am very confused about the car's history and anything else done to it. I simpley don't know enough aboutt it to give much advise. I just have to go by the bits you are telling. I can't criticize your mechanic and shouldn't, from what you say, there is miscommunication.

Oldblueaccord
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM
did one of the freeze plugs pop out that would cause a big water leak.

wp

gfrg88
01-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Did you mention this before? If the car was overheated, then head probably is warped..

Edward Ochoa
02-10-2013, 06:54 PM
ok now the cars back and the eng is running less noisy alot better then wen i bought it the temp and fuel gauge are faulty so had to install two gauges an oil pressure and another water temp that are accurate now,,........ the only prob i have now is fixing the the fuse box under thw hood i have takein it out and broke it down checked for any burnt areas i had to do the cause some one rewired the radi-fan to the FI power and it burnt out the where the fuse goes ...so i was askin for this one is there any how-to on the fuse box under the hood ???

Dr_Snooz
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't understand the question. Are you asking how to reinstall it?

Edward Ochoa
02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
nono i wanna clean it out re grease it and then reinstall is there any way of cheackin for faulty spots in it