PDA

View Full Version : Sedan exhaust onto coupe?

LowSider
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Ive got a custom exhaust on my sedan, but i just bought a coupe and im planning on swapping all the custom parts off the sedana nd onto the coupe and back. The biggest hurdle im guessing will be the exhaust. I made this exhaust so im not to concered with putting the custom unit onto the sedan as im guessing its just the intermediate pipe thats different. Anyone know with certainty? If thats the only difference then ill. Just buy a new one and put the stock exhaust back on the sedan with the correct center section.

ShyBoyCA6
01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
well if you say custom than yeah it will fit. coupes and sedans are the same size length but hatches aren't.

charliekuney
01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
What Mark said. Hatches are about 4" shorter than the coupe/sedan. I'm pretty sure automatics and manuals have different part numbers for the exhaust because I tried putting the pipe from an automatic 1989 LX-i sedan onto my 5-speed 1988 LX-i coupe and it didn't work.

LowSider
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
!

LowSider
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Just swapped the factory exhaust of my new '89 coupe onto the '87 sedan. It fits, I had to also change out the hanger that bolts onto the back of the block and goes to the down pipe, as the '87 was originally a 4-1 manifold, and the '89 exhaust is 4-2-1 an sits towards the drivers side more.

Done and done.