PDA

View Full Version : Headlight motor relay buzzing

bscanlan
01-26-2013, 05:00 AM
As soon as I reconnected the battery after the 6 month pull and rebuild, the headlight motor relays, next to coolant overflow filler neck, started buzzing. I checked the motors and they are connected, and all I did was re-wrap the harness in new high temp electrical tape, I never even disconnected the relays from their connections. So in order to start the motor and check fluid levels and possible leaks, I just removed the two relays. Has anyone had this issue and does anyone know of a solution?

2oodoor
01-26-2013, 07:16 AM
First make sure the flipped lids arn't hitting the hood.
Grounds should be checked, disconnect the battery to rset relays.

bscanlan
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Hood and lights are not on the car. I will look over grounds, and try again.

Also, I am getting up to operating temp but the fans are not coming on, and then I see steam just starting at the radiator cap. This is after about 5 minutes of operation and a temp needle just a bit below halfway. I think I still need to successfully bleed coolant system, but I followed the directions and still no success. I will continue to chase any drips and tie up loose ends, but the coolant and a high idle are going to be there until I try something different I suspect. Thanks for any ideas in advance.

Oldblueaccord
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Hood and lights are not on the car. I will look over grounds, and try again.

Also, I am getting up to operating temp but the fans are not coming on, and then I see steam just starting at the radiator cap. This is after about 5 minutes of operation and a temp needle just a bit below halfway. I think I still need to successfully bleed coolant system, but I followed the directions and still no success. I will continue to chase any drips and tie up loose ends, but the coolant and a high idle are going to be there until I try something different I suspect. Thanks for any ideas in advance.

I crack the bleeder as well as rev the motor so you get a nice stream of coolant out. I close it before I let the rpms down. I think of it somewhat like bleeding brakes on a car. There is one sensor I think the IACV I had to loosen the hose clamp on one hose and wiggle the hose. I wanted to get it off but it was stuck but when I did wiggle it I heard air escape from it.

The relay buzzing I think might be low battery voltage.

wp