PDA

View Full Version : Window unit

SLCPUNK
10-25-2002, 05:54 PM
I need to repair my window. It looks like the ring gear is worn out and it does no good to turn the handle, since it just spins. I've taken the first part off, and I can see the assembly. There still is more metal in between me and the assembly.

Am I going to have to replace the whole unit that rolls the window up and down? Or can I just replace that ring gear (or whatever it's called)? Thanks.

1986 Accord

AZmike
10-25-2002, 09:17 PM
The pictues I've seen in the repair manual made it look like the gear was built into the linkage that moves the window. But I have only worked with power windows so I can't tell you for certain.

SLCPUNK
10-26-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks. It looks like it's all one unit. So it's off to the junk yard to find an assembly.

This is a great car. This guy was going to donate it so I took it. I put a new valve cover seal on yesterday, new master cylinder, pads, adjusted the clutch, and cleaned her up. It still needs tires, the window regulator, and I still have air getting in the brakes somewhere. I'll be done soon enough though. The engine is strong as a whip though. At 213k I couldn't imagine any other car with any engine this good. I don't even think the top ends been opened up yet. I got it too sell, but I'd love to hold onto it and see how far I could get it to go. But I'd rather get the money-haha.

Take it ez

SLCPUNK
10-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Done, goes up and down. Thanks.