PDA

View Full Version : tokico blues vs. kyb gr-2s?

dsmjrv
02-04-2013, 08:29 PM
My struts are completely shot out... i am looking for something stiffer than stock. i have had GR2s on a couple Toyotas in the past and they were too soft so i upgraded to the KYB Gas-Adjusts and i was satisfied. i use mostly Bilsteins on my BMWs. i know this car is not a great handling car but i would like it to feel stable and grounded for day to day driving. Are these two options, the Tokico blues and KYB GR2s the only stiffer than stock options i have for an otherwise stock suspension? are there any adjustable sets?

ghettogeddy
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I like my blues but ive never tried the kyb's

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rendon LX-i
02-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Still rocking gr-2s now on weapon r's . There holding up so far

ShyBoyCA6
02-04-2013, 10:56 PM
i think they are about the same, all matters on what you want i guess. I have tokicko blues on my car but this question will really have no effect as us 3gee owners have both and will tell you what you want to hear from both. Like i said it all depends on what you choose.

dsmjrv
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I was gifted this car from my gramps who wanted it out of his side yard. i want it to be my little off road trail car, something i can rally on the local fire roads but still have it perform daily driving duties. i want to keep the stock height and stiffen it up a bit and possibly reinforce the chassis but im not finding much available as far as strut tower bars etc. any recommendations? I already have two fast lowered cars so im hoping this accord will get me by on the trails while i save up for a 4x4 tacoma.

Im thinking of getting the Tokico Blues because i have never had them before and was underwhelmed by the performance of the GR2s in the past.

Vanilla Sky
02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
I had Blues on the front of a stock-height 3gee once and liked them a lot. No experience with the GR-2s, though.

You might enjoy rallycross. The Sports Car Club of America - RallyCross (http://www.scca.com/rallycross/content.cfm?cid=44729&tag=71)

These cars have plenty of ground clearance if you keep them at stock height.

Vanilla Sky
02-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Oh, and set it up to understeer, not oversteer. You want the rear to remain stable enough that you can control it with braking and throttle inputs. Have you done the fireroad thing in the past? I love it when I pass by trucks that are pulling off because they're afraid of getting stuck.

dsmjrv
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
LOL funny you should say that, i am going to my first Autocross event on the 17th in my 3 series.. funny i never really thought about taking this accord to a rallycross event.. and yes i love offroading of all kinds, i have several nice fire roads that i like to visit but it was mostly done in trucks and i haven't owned a truck in a few years so im excited to get this 3gee trail ready!

Vanilla Sky
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Speaking as someone that's done that in a 3gee, don't sweat it. These cars can handle the abuse as long as they are in good shape. The only damage I've caused have been a wheel stud breaking and a damaged axle after going through a really nasty washout. When you get an alignment done, have them use loctite on everything.

NXRacer
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I put the blues on my hatch about 8 months ago and couldn't be happier.

statlerjames
01-12-2014, 01:19 PM
i had neuspeed racing and kyb gr2 and the combo was amazing Click the image to open in full size. not sure about the blues though. But the Gr2's are great.