PDA

View Full Version : My first honda 89 Lxi. How beaten down have you run your car

Ls2 dude
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM
I have recently purchased an 89 accord Lxi. It's actually a pretty nice car. I bought it from some guy on Craigslist who severely neglected it. The radiator was full of just water and blocked in certain spots in the engine block. The e fans were wired to be on all the time. It ran on 3 cyl and knocked and pinged. It was sad. I paid less for this car than what an avg cell phone cost. I have since completely flushed the cooling system, replaced select ignition parts and fixed an oil consumption issue.

The car runs much better. The only issue is it runs on 3cyl still. It's a burnt exhaust valve In the number 1 cyl. I could replace the head but My whole goal with this car is to invest as little as possible into it. I disabled the injector and it runs pretty good for what it is. The only thing bugging me really is the tcc clutch engages and disengages at light throttle at highway speeds I can't get it to stay locked. I'm not sure what to do there. Other than that it still gets 30mph highway. My question I guess is how long do you think it could last like this? And how many other people out there are dealing with similar issues. And any info on a possible extremely cheap head and how to keep the converter locked would be greatly appreciated, thanks