PDA

View Full Version : CAM gears

87 Honda Prelude
10-25-2002, 11:44 PM
do they make adjustable cam gears for the a20 engine?????
thanks

anchovies
10-25-2002, 11:59 PM
talk to 88turboaccord

PhydeauX
10-26-2002, 05:46 AM
You can talk to him but thats not going to do much. He says he has some gears in the making. Two of which I sent him. But that was back in march and everytimre I talk to him he says the shop hasn't finished them yet. I believe that web makes one. I know that night got one from somewhere. I'll probably get one from web or have one whipped up by a local machine shop. I dunno what justin is doing but I'm tired of waiting.

andy

Site
10-26-2002, 07:48 AM
Guaynabo89 has one made from a stock cam gear by JG Engine Dymanics, I think. I'm guessing he sent them a stock gear and they modified it. I talked to 88turboaccord about the adj gear like 2 months ago. I guess the shop still hasn't finished them.

88turboaccord
10-26-2002, 08:09 AM
Yeah, the shop hasn;t finished them.. The only thing they have to do is put the notch in for the key... Otherwise they are almost done.. I will check with the shop that helped me build my motor to see if they can do it.. But yes it kinda sucks, cause I really wanted to get these made like 8 months ago....

88turboaccord
10-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Okay--update. I talked to the shop owner today, he said that he was waiting on a metric punch.. Then to top it off, they screwed up a stock cam gear, so he needs another one to go by so he can make the key the right size. He promised me when I get him the stock cam gear, he would have them done in three days time.. So on Monday, I am taking him a stock cam gear (again.) I Nice but sturn with the owner telling him that I need these done now...