PDA

View Full Version : 88 DX Hatch Window Replacement

SnoCoAccord
02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
My hatch just got broken into, they broke my passenger front window. I pulled one from an 86 or 87 lx-i hatch with power windows, and it doesn't seem to fit. Are the windows different? It seems like the mounting to the regulator is different, but is the glass itself different? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Legend_master
02-10-2013, 10:27 PM
My hatch just got broken into, they broke my passenger front window. I pulled one from an 86 or 87 lx-i hatch with power windows, and it doesn't seem to fit. Are the windows different? It seems like the mounting to the regulator is different, but is the glass itself different? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I know the changed the doors when "upgraded" the seatbelt design. They may have changed the glass then as well.

SnoCoAccord
02-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Thanks, I will look for an 88 with manual windows. I confirmed that only 88 and 89 are interchangeable, 86/87 were different.

charliekuney
02-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I know the changed the doors when "upgraded" the seatbelt design. They may have changed the glass then as well.

What he said, I think it's because the updated style needed more room inside of the door for the seat belt mechanism so the window had to be redesigned below the visible part.

SnoCoAccord
02-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks everybody, got a window from an 88 and it fit. It was power and that didn't make any difference, works great.