PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Clutch - Removing Driveaxles?

Site
10-26-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm replacing my clutch. I'm using the Haynes manual, Honda shop manual from Paul's website, and some tips that have been posted on the board. I'm trying to do this step by step.

I've just come across a step that really bites and I want to know if there's a way around it. When I remove the driveaxles, do I have to take the hub nut off?

Last time I tried to to remove it I broke my ratchet. I don't have an impact wrench or air tools so there's no way I'm gonna get that sucker back on with the correct torque.

Anyone got a work-around on this? Thanks!

ACCORD EX
10-26-2002, 02:38 PM
sorry to tell you that you have to remove hub nut , tierod end nut , axles , drain tranny oil ( some people get around that !)
anyway i think we need a how to on doing the clutch job ! it's a really expensive job in the shop !

MIKE

AZmike
10-26-2002, 03:29 PM
I left the axles in the spindles, but the right one did make pulling the tranny out more difficult since it tended to get in the way. I'm in the middle of finishing the reassembly after doing my clutch and rear main seal. Post any other questions and i'll see if I can help.

dXsquared
10-26-2002, 04:03 PM
i just did a clutch and lude tranny swap so i am ver experienced. i had the tranny on the ground in .5 hour the last try! on oand off 5 times! off the lude.off the accord on to the accord. off the accord and back onto the accord!

Dutchboy
10-26-2002, 06:00 PM
in my old accord i just disconnected the balljoints from the passenger side and i had enough room to pull the whole unti back and pop the axle out the tranny.
however it then gets in the way...it might work but you will tend to ruin stuff like that.
after that all you have to do is pop the other cv out when pulling the tranny off the engine.

Ben