PDA

View Full Version : valve cover breather filter, Works or not???????

Coroncho80
10-26-2002, 12:59 PM
Do i get something out of it??

smufguy
10-26-2002, 10:43 PM
:flip: yes u do. it actually adds 5hp to ur mods. :flip:

no it does not do anything hp wise.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-26-2002, 10:48 PM
It just helps your valvecover breath better (hense the name "breather filter" hehehe) Actually I think it will also help cool the valve cover off faster. I have a K&N breather filter on my valve cover, there's no noticeable difference.

DBMaster
10-27-2002, 12:10 PM
You only need it if you are installing an aftermarket intake and will not be connected a hose from the valve cover to it.

The breather allows excess crankcase pressure to vent so you don't create pressure where it shouldn't be and leak oil.

It will not get you ANY horsepower and will just make an extra maintenance chore as it has to be cleaned of oil residue periodically.

Coroncho80
10-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
You only need it if you are installing an aftermarket intake and will not be connected a hose from the valve cover to it.

The breather allows excess crankcase pressure to vent so you don't create pressure where it shouldn't be and leak oil.

It will not get you ANY horsepower and will just make an extra maintenance chore as it has to be cleaned of oil residue periodically.

That's clear enough, Thanks bro.!

Experimental_Honda
10-27-2002, 05:30 PM
its a waste of money unless you have a mass air flow car, and even with an after market intake you my loose power.......