PDA

View Full Version : lude engine

dXsquared
10-26-2002, 04:30 PM
ok... i have a low mileage lude engine... and i wanna know if i can take the intake and PGM FI off and slp the carb stuff on and drop it into the accord? i know the block is the same... but is there anything that will stop me? i know that when my weber and header arives i will end up blowing up this motor so i will build the lude block with big pistons and a race cam and put the weber on it. balance the crank and put a aluminum flywheel on it... so can i just build up the lude block with carb parts?

Travis

smufguy
10-26-2002, 11:04 PM
u mean switching the carb accord to an efi? then, yeah u can do it. i have seen the 3rd gen lude intake manifold and they look identical. The whole intake manifold has like 3 connectors i guess which includes the TPS and Injectors. I dont know the lude engine harness would fit the accord, but u can give it a shot. the injector resistor box is the only question here. also, the B20A5 block might have different sensors (not sure again) which can screw with ur A20 wiring. Sorry man, i dont know if i am even tlaking shit pertaining to ur question. :(

AZmike
10-27-2002, 09:29 AM
I thought he wanted to know if the lude block was the same as the accord so he could build it up and bolt all his carb intake/exhuast stuff to it.

I think the block is the same, but i'm not sure.

smufguy
10-27-2002, 10:39 AM
i dont see where he mentioned the lude generation. The second gen motor looks like our A20, might be the same, but dont know.

THe 3rd gen lude, as always known came with a B20A5, different block, similar intake system.

AZmike
10-27-2002, 10:56 AM
I think that either the 2nd or 3rd gen had the A20A engine available. I thought only the 2.0Si Preludes had the A20A5. Again, I might be wrong, but that's what I remember reading.

Grant2k
10-28-2002, 07:17 AM
from my understanding, which may be wrong, all the A engines are basically the same, the A20 is just a stroked A18 so the intake and stuff should be interchangable. i guess the only things that wouldn't be would be pistons, rods, the crank shaft and maybe some miscellaneous stuff.

1988starter
10-28-2002, 10:59 AM
My sister has a 86 lude Si with 88 grand on it. It is defantly an A20 I think it has the same stats as an 86 or 87 LXi 110 horse but all I know is that damn thing is auto and hella slow cant touch my LXi never has been able to.

dXsquared
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
i am talkin bout the A20. i just wanna build the block to semi race specs and drop it into my car... i guess the intake will fit but the efi version may have diff wires on it or sumthin. i will be using the lude crank and some hi po pistons and a weber and a header and a race cam. i wanna get 20 mpg outta it so i wont be doin tooo much. but i know i gotta start soon... i will blow this one up when the weber and header arive... (its been almost a month since i ordered... the weber is in Newmarket at the canadian distrib. but they are waitin on the header from NOPI.) does anyone know why the header is takin sooolong? its a pacesetter ceramic... not the DC! where is it?

Travis

Grant2k
10-28-2002, 01:23 PM
i think that using the lude crank will de-stroke the engineto 1.8 liters, if that's what you want.

dXsquared
10-28-2002, 01:54 PM
no the lude is a 2.0 SI... i used the tranny off it already... it looks like the LXi motors.

Travis

smufguy
10-28-2002, 03:31 PM
i think its a A20A3 motor on the 2nd gen lude with a efi.

dXsquared
10-28-2002, 04:49 PM
ok?!? i dunno but i did find out it fits...

Travis

Grant2k
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
no the lude is a 2.0 SI... i used the tranny off it already... it looks like the LXi motors.

Travis

sorry, i guess i didn't read it carefully enough. now the question is, is the lude crank really that much better?

AZmike
10-29-2002, 12:02 AM
I thought that he wanted the prelude engine because it had low miles. Isn't the crank the same as the one on the accord?

dXsquared
11-19-2002, 02:45 PM
i am using the Lude engine because of the low miles and how simple it will be to build it up since it is already out of the car. oh yah... i also got a the whole car for 100 bux. i got the seats shifter engine and aluminums off it. i think i did good.

Travis