PDA

View Full Version : Need Info

aesop
10-26-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm new to this group and would appreciate any information you can give me. First i own a 88 Accord DX Hatchback. My question is:

For the time, convienence, and money what swap engine should i consider. I've read numerous other posts and am as confused as ever. This is a project car so time isn't important but convienence and money are. Is a fuel injection upgrade necessary for the swap and also i would like to change the transmission from auto to manual and does this add a lot more work to the swap. Thanks for your time and answers.

shepherd79
10-27-2002, 05:32 AM
well, if do the EFI swap, there are some people on the board that can help you with it. But in my opinion is not worth it. It takes too long and can cost you a lot of money.
My best bet would be try to find EFi accord, and sell yours.
The easiest engine to swap to would be JDM B20A from 3g accord in japan and some other countires except US. It will bolt in with out any mods. The problem is that it is just too hard to find. you will have to call some Engine places to see if they can get one for you.
the other option would be is to get mounts for B16 and B18 and B20 enignes. you can drop B16A into our car with proper mounts. But you may want to get EFi before you do that.
If you want swap so bad, start looking for EFI accord.

smufguy
10-27-2002, 11:14 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86 <<<this is the link to understand what a B20A is actually and what u need to 'drop it' in ur 3g puppy. Changing to efi does not take a longer time, if ur looking for an engine swap. besides the engind and intake, all u need is

1. wiring harness
2. Efi tank and fuel pump
3. Fuel feed line and fuel filter

these are the Main things u need besides everything with sensors should come with ur wiring harness either from the Junk or ur friend or even someone u know. If ur looking for some serious deal with efi-s, efi swap is for u. there has been 4 ppl including me who have done it and they include, Carotman, Greenmachine, me and other dude whose name i have no clue about.

Personally i wont go with any other B series swap like the B16 dude to their lack of torque compared to the 140 lb-ft stock.

People like Alex here know what they are talking about and talk to a lotta ppl before u get into any kinda project. You will be happy that u did.

aesop
10-27-2002, 06:48 PM
I appreciate your posts. I haven't decided to do anything yet and am collecting all info on the subject. I got this accord from a friend for $200 and would hate to find another. Besides some interior work, everything is solid! For the engine mounts, do you have to get special ones or can you possibly use some from a prelude or other accord? I thank everyone for there support. It's the people like you guys that make me glad to own a Honda. Does anyone know of some good places to contact for the engine? Thanks again!