PDA

View Full Version : ECU code #9

smufguy
10-26-2002, 07:28 PM
okay, i am done with my efi conversion now and this is what happened. My battery is totaly dead, so i tried to jump my car. My tank has 3+ gallons in it as of right now and i put my key it, it beeped and did everything as normal, all indicators on the gauge. and then it turns over, but wont start. I dont see the fuel spray from the fuel rail cause it was slightly unbolted (the hose from the fuel filter to the fuel rail).

i just had the key in the start position and had it turn over and the ecu blinked for 9. So the code from the faq says.

9* 85-98** Accord
CYP Sensor (Cylinder)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
* not a valid code for any throttle body injection Hondas
** not a valid code for V-6 engines

What the fuck is wrong with my car??????? why wont the fuel pump turn on??????? Is the relay the culprit? if it is, then i am gonna check for a relay from the junk. i hope its not, does the fuel pump have a fuse??

smufguy
10-26-2002, 07:30 PM
oh yeah, forgot to add this, my car is not in the tdc, as in Not in the correct timing i guess. because i forgot to note the distributor striker position.

smufguy
10-27-2002, 10:34 AM
i hope its not the mail relay. Dammit!!!

smufguy
10-27-2002, 07:00 PM
awww come on. someone should know this. :(

shepherd79
10-27-2002, 07:59 PM
ask carotman, he should know that.

dj99
10-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Just a thought... Did you have to change out your ECU for an EFI model? I'm only asking because it says #9 is not valid for EFI. ??

smufguy
10-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Yep, the ECU is only for the efi, the carb box is for emissions and its not technically a ECU.

Alex, my guess is the damn main relay man. I gotta get the ones from the junk and see if that works. and for you when u look on ur clutch, there are two sensors on ur clutch pedal. one with a white near the brake shit and the one (yellow) all the way to the top. The wiring harness from a 5spd lxi that i removed, did not have the top most one, and today on a coupe i saw that it has it. There were two different variations??? and also the funny thing is, the wiring harness that i took from the car did not have a moon roof, but it had the relay for the roof though. WEIRD!!!