PDA

View Full Version : Wading in Lake LXi

awagner777
10-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Man have i got a problem. It's been REALLY rainy lately and i went out to my car and the bottom of the driver side floor board was wet. I thought, no big deal, it's just my shoes, but i lifted up the floor mat and it was REALLY wet, like soppin' wet. :huh: so i drove to the car wash and vaccumed up all the water and put a towel down and got it good and dry. Well after yet another night of rain, i got in my car to go to church and the flor board was even wetter than before. Now i have a theory but tell me if i am just off. My car has a sun roof, could water be getting in there and running down into my floor? Cause there is no where else that is wet, my seat is dry everything is good to go. is there like a drin tube that could be getting stopped up or what else could be goin on? Any help would be appreciated, cause the rain aint lettin up. Thanks
Aaron Wagner

smufguy
10-27-2002, 11:35 AM
its not ur moonroof. Check under ur dash if any of ur gourmet has fallen off. if u have a leaky radio mast (antenna) then it would leak in the interior.

awagner777
10-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your help, I siliconed the radio mast and i'll check it out. the rain has stopped for now but they're forecasting more for tonight. Thanks again!
Aaron Wagner

1989 DX R
10-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Where do you live? Its been raining alot here in Houston.

86AccordLxi
10-27-2002, 02:39 PM
It could be your moonroof...the hose for the front drains on the roof run down my the antenna...mine were full and I had a floorboard full of water as well. Just look up with your head on the clutch and you should see two yellowish/orangeish hoses. If they're not connected to anything, find where they should go and you're water draining problem will be fixed.

Alex

awagner777
10-27-2002, 02:43 PM
I live in NW Texas, AMarillo to be exact, well just out side of amarillo... I'll try that, any thing to stop it. I am gonna wait until it dies up a little, maybe tonight b4 it gets dark. Thanks a million Guys!
Aaron Wagner

awagner777
10-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Oh i forgot to mention that the reason that i think it's the sun roof is cause one time when it was raining really hard i got into my car and when i backed out of the drive way, the incline made a bunch of water dump out on my head, and then i opened sunroof, (not the glass but the shade i guess you would call it) and it dumped even more on me. Pissed me off, but it never happened again.

DanLXI88
03-08-2004, 09:40 AM
Hey all! Were you able to get it fixed??? If so how I have this problem and it's a huge pain in the ass. I know this is an old Thread but I hope to get some info on this problem.

86LXItooFAST4me
03-08-2004, 10:21 AM
anyone in central tx?

NotFast
03-08-2004, 03:29 PM
i'm in the dfw area.

neoblue89lxi
03-08-2004, 05:12 PM
You have four drain holes on each corner of the sunroof. You have to open it to see them. Atleast one of the tubes are clogged so you have to blow it out with a airhose. Just don't use a very high pressured air source because you will ruin the hoses or pop them off.

Ravenix
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
heh, i have a similar question, i have a hatchie, what would cause my trunk to be full of water, there was like 3 inches if water in my spare tire well.

NotFast
03-11-2004, 12:02 AM
check ur weatherstriping, in my moms old mercedes the weatherstriping was bad and she always had water in the spare tire well, so we drilled a few holes so it could drain

DanLXI88
03-24-2004, 09:07 AM
How can I get to the rear drains for the roof? Today I got a nice cold ass shower in the car when backing out my driveway :burn: . The front seem to be doing fine I don't have water in the front floor but it's apparently sitting in the back of the car not draining. I would hate to seal the moon roof up I enjoy it in the summer.... HELP !!!!

Mac
03-24-2004, 02:51 PM
The rear drain tubes go into the trunk. You have to take off the side plastic panels in the trunk to see them. On the end of each drain tube (all 4) is a rubber nipple type thing that usually clogs with dirt, you have to get them clean for the drains to work.

DanLXI88
03-24-2004, 03:23 PM
The rear drain tubes go into the trunk. You have to take off the side plastic panels in the trunk to see them. On the end of each drain tube (all 4) is a rubber nipple type thing that usually clogs with dirt, you have to get them clean for the drains to work.

Thank You kindly sir! I will try it when I get out of work. :cheers: