PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Side Mirror

Scott89hondalxi
10-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Well I came back to my car last night to see the drivers side mirror hanging from the wires, so I guess someone either clipped me or a dumb ass drunk tried to rip it off. Either way does anyone have a spare from a parts car? And how the hell does it come off, I took out the plastic plate that covers the screws but it wouldnt come off the door? (and for the smart asses yes I took out all the screws)

smufguy
10-27-2002, 07:12 PM
well its probably stuck to the door because of the weather strip glue that ususally goes on around parts like that. slide a flat head screw driver ( a really flathead)and pry out the mirror. Post ur wanting for a side mirror on the market place also. u might get more visitors there, just in case.

ACCORD EX
10-27-2002, 11:53 PM
related to this subject > my driver's side mirror is loose in the place where the mirror turns ! not where it connects to the door ! how to tighten it ?

MIKE

smufguy
10-28-2002, 09:42 PM
u got pwr mirrors mike so my guess is that the gears are messed up under the mirror. mine like wont move, but like trips on the passenger side whenever i try to move it towards the inside of the car. So i have to push the left side of the passenger side mirror every time i move it around.

DBMaster
10-29-2002, 07:13 AM
DON'T PRY ON IT! There is one more screw holding the mirror on that you cannot access without removing the door panel. Also, the electrical connector is inside the door as well. If you pry on it you will fuck it up big time.

89lxi95zx7
10-29-2002, 07:16 AM
i hit a deer one time and the only thing it did to my 3gee was take drivers mirror clean off,oh yeah,i think it went on w/ two screws and some wire splicing,but that was a while ago.

DBMaster
10-29-2002, 09:11 AM
There is a third screw behind the door panel. A piece of plywood on a entrance ramp got kicked up by a semi trailer in front of me and ripped my passenger side mirror clean off in 1991. I learned back then about changing it. You must remove the door panel to do it.

offthahook
10-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
There is a third screw behind the door panel. You must remove the door panel to do it.

Sad, but true on the power mirrors... There is the hidden screw mentioned earlier. Good luck.

89lxi95zx7
10-30-2002, 05:58 AM
SHIT,THATS PROBABLY WHY MINE WOBBLES.

DBMaster
10-30-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I always thought that this was a kink in an otherwise thoughtful design. Makes it a bitch to replace the mirror.

Grant2k
10-30-2002, 03:24 PM
my mirrors wobble too, but just the glass. they don't wobble a lot. it's still easy to see in them when driving, a little annoying at night. i have always just attributed it to vibration, but other poeple always comment on how much they shake. does anybody else have this problem.