PDA

View Full Version : Reverse lights

Shawn87AccordDx
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Okay, to start off, yes, I've searched and found some posts on this but they weren't clear to me because I'm not the one who swapped the AT for a manual.

I know its swapped because there is tape over the shift indicator area in the gauge cluster and the VIN comes up as AT...and because the tranny came from a jy, etc.

My reverse lights were not plugged in, so I plugged them into the switch. No luck.

Then I looked at the wiring...fried!

I see that there are two wires that plug into the switch with bullet connectors. However, they were attached together at some point and then twisted together and wrapped in electrical tape :facepalm: then twisted (with more electrical tape) to a single black wire that runs along the firewall and into the car.

What do I need to do to make these reverse lights work?

Does someone have pictures of what it's supposed to look like?

Shawn87AccordDx
02-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Legend_master
02-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Okay, to start off, yes, I've searched and found some posts on this but they weren't clear to me because I'm not the one who swapped the AT for a manual.

I know its swapped because there is tape over the shift indicator area in the gauge cluster and the VIN comes up as AT...and because the tranny came from a jy, etc.

My reverse lights were not plugged in, so I plugged them into the switch. No luck.

Then I looked at the wiring...fried!

I see that there are two wires that plug into the switch with bullet connectors. However, they were attached together at some point and then twisted together and wrapped in electrical tape :facepalm: then twisted (with more electrical tape) to a single black wire that runs along the firewall and into the car.

What do I need to do to make these reverse lights work?

Does someone have pictures of what it's supposed to look like?

sounds like someone wired the reverse lights to a switch. I'd get the wiring diagram from the shop manual, and see how much of the wires still exist in the car. The 5-speed and auto reverse is completely different. I believe the auto uses the selector switch inside the car to determine if it is in reverse or not.

Dr_Snooz
02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Check out post #7 and keep reading until post #18.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/102-convert-automatic-manual-transmission.html

import racer
02-24-2013, 10:37 AM
When I swapped mine to manual I used the harness from the manual trans and connected the wires from the auto shifter together.

Shawn87AccordDx
02-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks. I'll check it out Monday!