PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this before?

A20A1
10-27-2002, 07:30 PM
http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3860.htm

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3550.htm

toastyghost
10-27-2002, 07:34 PM
never heard of it but what's the point if they're cheaper on nopi and tirerack?

A20A1
10-27-2002, 07:37 PM
I'm not posting it for cost... but they make both rear and front camber adjustments.

No more worries about getting the prelude parts, and custom riging it..

anchovies
10-27-2002, 07:45 PM
yeah heard of it but the cost is high man.
custom rigging the prelude fronts is simple though and alot cheaper

Jims 86LXI HB
10-27-2002, 09:35 PM
The Eibach camber kits are cheaper than the ingalls kits at www.tirerack.com

Of course cheaper still would be the prelude arms. But some times the prelude can be hard to find at the junk yards.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-27-2002, 09:40 PM
I have never seen a prelude in the yards around here.

toastyghost
10-27-2002, 11:12 PM
There is a camber correction kit specifically for our cars on NOPI. No lude jimmyrigging, no fat pricetag.

mindlos
10-28-2002, 06:48 AM
I had my rear upper control arms replaced at tires plus and when I got the car it turns out they put in the one that is in the first picture instead of the whole forged steel honda-like part. Except mine seem to have the ball joint and bolt prmounted on the end of the shaft instead of the ring that appears in that picture. They actually charged me $99 per arm. I was kinda miffed about it because suddenly they had to add a rear alignment on top of the drive thrust alignment they would do when doing all four wheels (I also had a tie-rod end replaced). Maybe its because my car is lower on the drivers side but I still didnt think they needed to put a more intricate and more expensive part.

A20A1
10-28-2002, 05:59 PM
Well anyways... just letting you know they exist... that aside not everyone cares if they spend an extra $50 - $100 bucks as long as the products good.
So if anyone has them please post Good / Bad comments.

and no I'm not looking to get Eibachs, Ingalls, or any kit at the moment.

GreenMachine
10-28-2002, 11:57 PM
I don't really so how those front ones adjust the camber ? I don't think there is any "jimmy rigging" in getting lude arms, other tha a couple washers its plug and play. ;)
Those back ones are cool though, would be sweet for the track. :D

anchovies
10-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I don't really so how those front ones adjust the camber ?

From the black white pic, it looks like the flange to bolt onto the fender wheel has play so you can move the whole (i assume) stock arm outward.

mindlos
10-29-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm getting some sqeaking on the driver's side wheel well ever since I got those put in. I dont know if it's the arms though. I took it back one day and the guy who did the work was not in so I have to take it back. Maybe its polyurethane or maybe its the the shocks and springs. Something set it off and I cant even tell coz I cant stick my head in there while I or someone else rocks it.

BTW, do polyurethane bushings really need grease?

Jims 86LXI HB
10-29-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by mindlos
I'm getting some sqeaking on the driver's side wheel well ever since I got those put in. I dont know if it's the arms though. I took it back one day and the guy who did the work was not in so I have to take it back. Maybe its polyurethane or maybe its the the shocks and springs. Something set it off and I cant even tell coz I cant stick my head in there while I or someone else rocks it.

BTW, do polyurethane bushings really need grease?

YES, that's the curse of polyurethane bushings. One of the companies has a line of poly bushings that is surposed to combat the problem, but I'm kinda doubtfull they eliminate the need to grease them forever, maybe prolong.