PDA

View Full Version : Sweet deal! Check out what I just won

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Well since I'm moving to S. Florida next week, I am determined to get my A/C blowing ice cold again like it used to, before next summer rolls around. I was originally gonna go scavenge through the junkyards during the winter to get the parts (I need pretty much everything except the evaporator core). Then all of a sudden, all these parts appear on ebay! Woohoo! And even better was that I won both auctions :D

Auction #1
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_5d500b88c10fdb4d53803cd2d0c278d1/i-1.JPG

Condenser, reciever/dryer, and ALL pipes and hoses -- $20.50

Auction #2
http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_340a20de831c4b795704ed39e37ee9f6/i-1.JPG

Nippondenso compressor -- $15.51

Total: $36.01 (plus shipping, of course)

All this stuff was advertised as being in good working condition, so if it is that's one hell of a deal! Wouldn't you say? Now I think all I need is new seals, oil, and refridgerant to get it working. If this works it will be the very first vehicle I've ever had with working A/C. Now I just gotta figure out how to put it all together, lol

Sorry, I was excited and had to share, lol :D

Jims 86LXI HB
10-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Wow you got a great deal. I had to remove some of that stuff on my damaged car to be able to get to my header. It wasn't fun, so you made out in more ways than one.

BoredRec
10-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Have fun doing that. I did it in my 88 Civic right before I sold it (no way in hell I was gonna be able to sell that thing with no A/C in Las Vegas). Did it in my garage. Took most of the day. The next Monday drove it to my shop and filled it with Freon. The sucker still blows ice cold to this day. This surprises me because the kit came from a junkyard, and I don't know crap about R-12. Almost makes me wish I never had to sell the Civic....

POS carb
10-29-2002, 07:25 PM
recieve/dryers should be bought new otherwise you're wasting your coin. I need a compressor now cuz my junkyard one crapped out on me :(

offthahook
10-29-2002, 10:56 PM
I bought a grip of parts from that dude. His stuff is good and clean and he gives you all the hardware fasteners and doesn't fuck it up taking it off. I got the fans and jack/tool set. Under $30 for all that!! Ebay is tight sometimes.