PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened...

pearldrop
10-28-2002, 09:27 AM
I had a nice weekend up at Whistler B.C. with my girl. It was just a little vacation with no plans except to sit around a relax and that is exactly what we did.

I walk in the door yesterday afternoon and check my messages. I have one from a guy who has some questions about my Accord. It was kind of wierd that he already found my phone number since we just bought our house a couple of months ago and the phone number is still very new.
OK, no more rambling.
I give him a call back and find out that my Accord was totalled on Friday. He wanted some receipts to try and get more money from the insurance. They were only willing to give him $4100 and he wanted more because he paid more for it.

From what he told me it sounds like a drunk driver going the opposite direction forced his son off the road and he hit the end of a bridge. The best description I can come up with is that he hit the cement barrier with the wheels on the passenger side head on and went up over the barrier. The front wheel was pushed back into the passenger cabin which pushed the dash back and ripped all the suspension out of the front end. The back wheel went up over it too and tore all the suspension from the rear and smashed the wheel. The back window was also shattered from the twisting. He said the whole car looks twisted even though the whole body looks to be in good shape. There was no real damage to the painted surfaces, only underneath.
I had a great weekend and even though I never really wanted my car back, it still depressed me quite a bit. I put seven years of my life into that car and I babied it like nothing else.
Waaaaaaaaaah.
I guess that's life. Thanks to this board at least I have a ton of pictures that I would have never taken otherwise. :(

anchovies
10-28-2002, 11:04 AM
RIP...damn... sorry man. Other ppl just don't appreciate the work that has been done to it :(

87AccordsterLx
10-28-2002, 12:06 PM
wow.... that really sucks man.... :( ... did you find out if the kid was ok...? you have to look at it like this... theres a good chance that if that kid bought any other car that he could have gotten seriously hurt.... Im sure that all of things that you did to it greatly helped him in avoiding serious injury....

YK86
10-28-2002, 12:08 PM
OMG....I'm sorry to hear that. Your car was definetly one of the nicest and it makes me sad to hear about it. If you can, you should try suggesting the kid part out his car himself to make it easier to get some of the money back. Atleast you get money for the car and from sales of the custom parts. I'm sure the insurance guys will be a huge hassle trying to get $6000 from them for a 3rd gen Accord.

pearldrop
10-28-2002, 12:25 PM
I pretty much stripped it when I sold it so there aren't any custom parts left to part out except for the chrome in the engine bay and the seats. I am pretty sure the seats are trashed by now anyway. When I sold it I took stuck some cut Civic springs in there so I could raise it up and stuck a really cheap Pioneer deck in there and took out all my good stuff. I took everything out of it that I could.
I can't get over how I was sooo sad when I found out. I have barely even thought of the car until then.

RobT5580
10-28-2002, 06:26 PM
another nice accord down.....sorry to hear that but thats what happened to Digitized as well. I dont know if he made up that story but i would have hit the drunk driver depending on which way he was coming than the cement if thats what it was....

1989 DX R
10-28-2002, 06:31 PM
That. Sucks.

How are the mighty fallen...

khemfusion
10-28-2002, 07:50 PM
RobT5580, the drunk driver was supposedly on the other side of the road, so if the cars both were going 60km/h, the collision would have occured at 120km/h, thats a lot of force but the distance it could be spread over is variable depending on how the cars hit. aiming at the concrete would have also been a lot of force, but only at 60km/h, however, the conrete barrier would move very little, therefore the force acts in a shorter period of time.

Still, sucks
:stick:

Coroncho80
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
............ Sorry dude. I know how you feel, trust me!

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Aw man, that really sucks Pearl. I'm sorry to hear that happened. I'd be depressed too! Especially after all that work you put into it

Another one bites the dust :( May it R.I.P.

Toby
10-28-2002, 10:55 PM
that sucks man that was one of the sweetest 3 gen Accords I have ever seen

Maydnaella
10-28-2002, 11:17 PM
http://paperwin.gs/anikaos/sadtears.gif

ACCORD EX
10-29-2002, 01:45 AM
:crying: :crying:

MIKE

DarknessRS
10-29-2002, 02:21 AM
I guess all good things must come to an end :( ...

I think that's what makes me want to keep my Accord forever. The thought that selling it off, and having it wrecked is just too much.

Mike89Accordcom
10-29-2002, 02:27 AM
That does suck man. Nice car like that totalled. My car might be gone soon too Pearl, but like you I put 7 years into mine, and if I sold it, and it got wrecked, I'd be devestated. Just because all those years, and then to hear of it wrecked, huge slap in my face. You mean all the pics I took of your car right pearl, you had like 2, lol. Well least you enjoyed it for 7 years. Hopefully it can be fixed, but man thats too bad.

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2002, 02:38 AM
from the discription, there's too much frame damage... sorry to hear this... seems like i ned to get on the ball and roll out another serious accord... oldschool is getting his back gion and all, but with pearl gone, that was the last of the extremely nice 3geez... sorry to hear that the car is gone... you need to get some pictures of it... i'm studying crash damage to see if my car will take what i'm gonna throw at it... Honda won't give me the full blueprints... i don't meet the qualifications or some shit... but anyway, grab some pics of it... tell her goodbye one final time...for those several years, you were one with the car... this is one last chance to be one with the car, and mourn the death of such a perfect being

Derick

Neuspeed007
10-29-2002, 09:31 PM
man that sux alot, im sorry to hear that pearl. like they say "shit happens"
I hope you get back in the game again. Cause your respected here at 3geez.
3g for life~

MoonScryer
10-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Ugh. Dammit, why do all the good ones have to go?

Sucks major man, least you had it while the time was good. There will be another, though, sdo well with it!

Neuspeed87lx
10-30-2002, 06:53 PM
sorry to hear about your car pearl...at least the kid wasnt racing or fooling around and crashed it ...

Bobs89LXi
10-30-2002, 09:09 PM
Damn Chris. It seems as though all the original and most inspiring 3Geez are dropping like flies. I can imagine how devestating it must be.

DarknessRS
10-30-2002, 09:39 PM
Looks like a whole new generation of hooked up rides will have to fill in the gaps :(. Nothing can replace the original though.

A20A1
10-31-2002, 01:28 AM
Your car was a treasure in a world of thieves...

damackz
10-31-2002, 08:16 PM
:werd: That was my fav car on the board like my inspiration for doing up a 3gee...........daymn man itz such a loss....:(

chronicsinners
11-04-2002, 12:39 PM
from a realistic standpoint, it sounds like the car could have been more messed up that had things gone down a little differntly, it is a shame to see it go tho.